Sunday, March 2, 2008

Evan update

Shortly after I posted Friday morning I received a phone call from the school. (uh-oh) It was Evan's one teacher and she called to let us know that Evan was fine, playing and having a great time. (that boy) She took him to the office and told him that if he didn't want to go to church he could stay there but she had to go. He thought about it for a second and then said he would go with her.

So, this is what I made for them. Now, don't mind the mess, and really, the card is bad, but I gave myself 20 minutes to make these, not smart really, so that is how they came out, looking like rushed cards.



I put my next SU order together, I think. I am going to stock up on the cub scout colors, so I have them, and eventually I will get some samples made. I was planning on ordering the personalized stamp finally but Ron told me to wait till this weekend and put in a $50 order so I can get another free set. Um, ok. I was not going to argue with him on that logic. However, now I am only $23. short of reaching $100, and getting yet another free set....I am afraid to say something to Ron especially since I want some new Elzybells when I go up to VA in a few weeks. I know he will tell me ok, but I will feel very bad.

I made this card using Beates weekend sketch challenge. I made it for someone specific, who does read my blog, who I already miss, and I am sure can figure it out, but I wanted to post it anyway.

I also spent most of yesterday completely annoyed. It is no ones fault but my own, but still. I wanted to make my new nephews birth announcements using Cami's tri fold card, and the picture of the first one I saw, where I got the idea, made me think that it was a normal size card. No, its very small. With some help, though we both seemed to have the same thoughts at the same time yesterday, I will make them using 12x12 paper, which makes them a little longer, but still not the normal size. Thank goodness I decided to make a sample yesterday and not wait till I was ready to make them after Jack was here, I would have been VERY angry. However, I still need the Bundle of Joy set. I am pretty desperate for it. I know beggars can't be choosers, but the 2 emails I got this morning about this set are priced a little outrageous to me so I will continue to wait and look else where. I waited *not so patiently* for scouts at play and ended up paying way less then I was looking to spend so it pays, or saves in this case, to be patient.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Pretty cards, Jennifer!

I cringed when you mentioned about the sample birth announcement fiasco - oy! I have done that SEVERAL times, so yes, it does pay to do one up earlier than to wait until you are supposed to be doing them, then find out it's all wrong!! LOL Trial and error, my friend!

I'm sure you can come up with $23 worth of SOMEthing to get your order to $100 and a free set!