Much to tell you this morning about my lovely 2nd child.
Yesterday Justin and Kim arrived and it was great to see them. Ron picked up the boys and when they got home Justin gave the kids the Christmas presents he bought for them. He bought Andrew a volcano maker (so going to get back at him someday for that) and he bought Lea a Little Tykes phone and key set, that was a PERFECT gift for her, and he got Evan a cars rug. Evan loves Cars. What does Evan say? "You didn't buy me a toy, I didn't get a toy." A few minutes passed and then Evan goes up to Justin and says to him...
"Next time you buy me a gift, can you buy me a toy?"
MAN! What am I going to do with that boy? Luckily Justin and Kim both know Evan so they both laughed.
We had Andrew's pack meeting, which will include an Andrew story momentarily, but when we got back Evan was excited about his new rug! I swear. That boy will put me in the loney bin!
Andrew has had growing pains since he was two and Evan also deals with them. Both of them get in extreme pain in their legs and feet, and whenever this happens, about a week later I need to buy them new pants or shoes. It breaks my heart how much pain they are in. Well last night, it hit Andrew, right in the middle, well what should have been the end, of the meeting. He came over crying telling me he was in a lot of pain. After a few minutes I packed him and Lea up and drove across the street to Walgreens and bought him Motrin. Once it kicked in he was fine.
Moral of this story: Keep kids drugs in the car! We have so much Motrin at home, the fact that I had to buy more was crazy, but you do what you have to do for your kids.
Because Scouts ran late, and then we have a 20 minute drive home, and Justin was here, Evan didn't go to sleep till after 10 last night. I knew last night that this morning was going to be a problem.
Last Friday Evan stayed home from school simply because it was church day and he didn't want to go. Ron tried to get him out of the car and he wouldn't move. So, instead of having fun in school, Evan stayed in his room all day. He was only let out to go to the bathroom and to eat lunch. This morning, he pulled it again. This time Ron got him out of the car and walked him to his classroom. His one teacher told Ron he could leave, so reluctantly he did. We both feel terrible for the teachers. I have NO idea why he is doing this all of a sudden, and he doesn't do it when we go to church on Sunday. I have to stop this though. UGH. Any suggestions on what I can give the teachers for having to deal with my lovely child???? :) I will make them something for sure.
Girl Scout cookies will be in soon. LOVELY. I bought a ton of them, I always do. Hey. Ex-girl scout here. I support them like I was supported back in the day. (When the boxes were like $1.00 a box!) I bought some from one of Andrew's friends sister and from my new local demo Rebekahs daughter. For some reason the song from my elementary school has been running through my head lately. The school closed when I was in 3rd grade, but because this is a small small world, Rebekah went to that school too. I will need to ask her if she rememebers that song, she was there more years then I was, because the missing lyrics are driving me crazy. She will probably burst out laughing when I bring this up too.
Ok, game plan for the day...make something for the teachers, make a male birthday card, scrapbook???? (Yea right).
2 comments:
Oh I laughed at Evan wanting a toy instead of a rug!!! I can totally see Carter saying something like that LOL We are constantly reminding him if he gets a duplicate gift, or something he doesn't really care for, that he still needs to be gracious and thankful that someone bought him something special LOL It never ends!
Glad to hear Ron left him at school!
My boys would definitly pull that as well, especially if the other did get a toy!! LOL
Alex gets those growing pains every now and then too, Nikolas does not seem to be bothered by them, of course he is still on the short side too.
Your cards are so pretty and that is great about the new website, can't wait to see how it turns out
Post a Comment