They found the library book. Apparently it was on the hold cart for someone else....hmmmm, maybe we should check there, or better yet, before putting the book back on the shelf, check it back in.
I went to the elementary school this morning. I was not allowed to see the school, for security reasons, DUH, I should have known that, but the secretary answered all my questions. So, I got back into the car and started crying.
We made the decision, mostly my doing, to put Andrew into private school because of all that I have read in regards to the schools here. The elementary school wasn't bad, but the middle school was awful, and I heard from 2 people that used to teach there that it was bad, and I didn't want my child in that environment. My logic behind the private school decision was, I didn't want to have to move him to a new school in 6th grade to avoid the school, so why not start in the private school now.
We made the decision that financially, with Evan starting school as well, we just couldn't afford it next year. We know we are going to move to Nashville before Andrew hits 6th grade so public school it is.
I walked into the building and it is sooo cute. I was instantly reminded of my elementary school in Snyder NY. It is an old building and it is so fun. It had a big beautiful tree painted in the hallway, and it was just so fresh. They still have art, gym, music. The best news, there are currently 3 first grades, which means there are MANY boys, not only 7 in two classes which is what he has now. He will be able to choose which friends he wants to have, not ones he is forced to be with.
I am very much ok with them going to public school now. It will be better for Andrew in so many ways. Today I was told he was having issues in gym. GYM! This is all nuts. Today was an emotional rollar coaster for me, but I am doing much better now.
2 comments:
You are such a good mom. He is gonna love his new school! I am so glad you feel good about your decision. I am sure that is a huge relief!
The greatest thing about kids is that they are resilliant. The boys will bounce back like no other! Hang in there...and have faith!
Post a Comment