Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a friggin day yesterday

Lea and I took off at 7:30 yesterday morning, and she was great throughout the whole trip. She watched Lady and the Tramp, and Cinderella, and loved them both. I imagine it is nice to be able to watch girl movies with her brothers not around dictating what needs to be put in next.

There is one spot of I-81 where there is practically nothing, and NO rest areas for about 100 miles. When Ron drives, since he knows this stuff, we always stop at the last one before this stretch of nothingness. I didn't. This was my first time driving this trip.

We got about 50 miles into this section and I had to pee. BAD.

The longer I was driving the worst it got. I wanted to cry I had to go soooo bad.

Since I got on 81, still back in TN, I noticed how many cops there were on the road. I mean, a lot! Pretty much at every turn around in the median there was a cop.

So, I am at mile marker 186 and I start to see the lovely blue signs that tell me there are multiple restaurants ahead, and gas stations.....I get so excited. At this point I am pretty sure that I am going to wet my pants if I don't get to a bathroom soon. So, I start to speed up a bit, going up a hill. I get to the top of the hill and yep, a cop. I look down at my speedometer...77. SHIT. He turns on his headlights and I knew. I pulled over.

The cop pulls in behind me and gets out of his car. I stuck my head out the window and yelled, "Officer I know I was speeding but I have to go to the bathroom sooooo bad, can I please go?"

"Yes, get off at exit 188B, there is an Exxon on the left."

"Thank you sooo much."

I proceed. I get to the gas station and he pulls in right behind me. I grab Lea and RUN into the place. (gross bathroom BTW). I go and I feel sooo much better, for the moment.

I go back out and he is writing up my ticket. CAN YOU FRIGGIN BELIEVE THAT??? Yep...$130 because I had to pee. The best part, he starts making small talk with me, did we get a lot of damage from the tornadoes...that was Nashville, not Knoxville jackass.

I got back in the car and BAWLED. Then I got mad...really mad. I know I broke the law, I do know that, BUT, come on, its not like I broke the law just to get to my destination quicker...I had to PEE!!!! Is there no compassion left in the world?

The rest of this weekend will be better.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Dude, that cop was a tool. Honestly, he couldn't make an exception?? UGH!

You week-end will totally be better. You just make sure to keep that SUE away from my man ED. The hussy! ;-) Tell the family I miss them! Smooches to all!

I am so glad you got there safe and sound, baby!

Becky said...

WOW! What a horrendous time! I think I would have pulled over and squatted!

Go to court...and tell the judge you had to pee. I am sure they will dismiss ya!

Have a fabulous weekend!