Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow day in the south!

I need to look it up but it seems that every February Knoxville gets hit with a snow storm and they cancel school. The kids were just out back on the deck playing in it, because thats the only place that there really is snow.

What's annoying about this is that they didn't cancel school until 10 minutes AFTER Ron dropped the boys off. It's not even snowing anymore, and there is a beautiful blue sky. The parents drove to school on the ice roads, dropped the kids off, turned around on the icy roads and went back to get them. Really, it would have been safer to leave them there today, but what do I know, I am just a stupid parent.

So, all you Northeners, enjoy the pictures, get a good laugh. And just for the record, I was right Heidi. (I told her yesterday they would cancel school today, where as Buffalo was expecting 8-10" and I am sure they had school today.)










3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's SO funny! Yes us northerners are laughing at that, but you are from Buffalo, so you're having the hardest laugh I'm sure! LOL What a wasted day...

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't believe they made you all come back and get them, how frustrating!! But at least they got to play for alittle while. It looks pretty. We just have the cold!!

Becky said...

You got more than we did!!! We did, however HAVE school!

Good pics! HOW FUN!