Saturday, February 9, 2008

No more training wheels.

I have been trying to convince Andrew that we should take his training wheels off his bike since the summer, but since he is like his Aunt Laura in so many ways, why would this be any different? (Heehee, my sister did not want to learn to ride a bike without training wheels as a kid either). Today I was out shopping with Michelle and when we got back home the kids were riding their bikes, and Andrew's training wheels were barely touching the driveway.


I convinced him to let me take them off and if he couldn't do it, I would put them back on. He asked if he could ride on the grass so it wouldn't hurt as much if he fell. I held him for about 25 feet and then let go. He went another 25 feet, then tried to turn and fell. Helped him back up, he was fine, and held the bike and then pushed him a little and off he went...never looked back. After about 15 minutes he was on the driveway, like he had been riding this way for years.


I was right again. I make my kids say that to me now, "you were right again Mom." I learned this from having to repeat it many, many times to my Mom...she still makes us say it to her. We never learn.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Carter was like that too - didn't want the wheels off! Old hat now... Yay Andrew!