I grabbed the Bee movie DVD and my computer and upstairs in my room Evan, Lea and I went. I put in the movie for the kids and I fell asleep. I woke up towards the end of it, and I went downhill fast. I spent the rest of the day and night in the bathroom. I wont gross you out with the details, but like I described to a friend of mine, imagine the worst symptoms and thats what I had. Not pretty.
Yesterday I felt better so I got some things done. Big mistake. By the time 8:00 came around, I had a 100.6 fever and I was freezing. I wrapped myself in a comforter, drank really hot tea, that I burned my tongue on, and turned the heat up to 80 and I my teeth were chattering. Not good.
This morning I had a mission I needed to accomplish so I needed to get up and get that ready. I still had the shakes, but at this point I am thinking it's because I haven't eaten anything since Monday night. At a little after 10 this morning I was off to Oak Ridge to do my birthday surprise, and pick up the boys, since they got out of school at 11:30 today.
Before I get to Mark, and his wonderful birthday I must let you all know that I will finally tell you my news, however, I have none. I am going to tell you because you guys are dying about this and now it will be a huge let down for you because it's really nothing. LOL I may be selling my cards in a new store that is opening. I haven't had a chance to show the cards to the owner yet, and I will be leaving for VA either tomorrow or Saturday, so maybe when I get back next week. Keep your fingers crossed. Worse case scenario, I convince her to sell my favorite stamps and teach classes...how friggin awful would that be???? LOL (see, now you are disappointed right?)
***************************************************
Ok, now to Mark. :) For those of you that don't know, Mark is my good friend Michelle's husband. Today is his birthday and I decided since he loved UT so much that I would give him a UT birthday. *insert evil laugh* (he hates UT orange).
I met Michelle at Mark's office, so she could open his truck for me, and I put a big orange T on his truck. Then I made a very basic sign (it would have been better if I wasn't sick), for inside his car, then put in about 30 hellium filled orange and white balloons. Heehee
I wish he could tell you the story of when he went into his truck this morning, I had tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard. Remember 30 hellium filled balloons. Oh, and what do you think his truck smelled like after all that latex??Heehee
Apparently he went outside to get some air this morning, around 11:45, yea right, I know there is some hidden story here, and he saw the orange T on his truck. As he got closer he saw the balloons. Heehee
Instead of just letting them into the environment, which would be wrong, genious Mark got in his truck and started popping them, cursing me throughout. (How did he ever know it was me I wonder?) Well, imagine what would happen as you pop hellium filled balloons in an enclosed space. Every time he said "damn that Jennifer" his voice got higher and higher until he realized that he was "asphyxiating himself" and let in some air. Heehee
He tells me that he didn't dare speak to anyone for 10 minutes after he got out of his truck. Heehee
Ok, so here are pictures of his truck. I am a little worried about repercussions with this, especially after the pinewood derby incident Saturday, but really, what could Mark possibly do to me to top this?
Remember dear Mark, your wife is my friend and she will not help you!!!! (right Michelle?)
3 comments:
First of all, while I stop laughing at Poor Mark and imagining him with a high voice yelling your name....
Congratulations!! No it is not a let down, I am so super excited for you. You make awesome cards and that would be a great thing if she will sell them. What great exposure! Good Luck!!
We are traveling to VA in the morning too. Happy Easter!!
Hope you continue to feel better!!
I am flippin' laughing my ass off thinking about him getting madder and madder and his voice getting higher and higher until he sounded like a cartoon character. Your mission was s sucess! Excellent work!
I am still giggling at the "Mickey Mouse" voice.
too funny!
Kudos, Jen!
Oh man, I had that EXACT same illness just 4 weeks ago. I kid you not, I had every single symptom you had. I'm so sorry you had that but so glad it's over! And congrats on the cards, that is such awesome news :) I can't wait to hear more about it after you show the store owner your cards. And way to go on the car prank ;-) But I do have a feeling that he will get you back when you least expect it, LOL.
Post a Comment