Friday, January 4, 2008

sometimes being a Mom is really hard

Last night I had a dream about my oldest child, Andrew. It was an awful dream. One that I can't even verbalize to Ron but I can't stop thinking about it. All afternoon, it is all I have thought about. I keep telling myself, it was a dream, and yet, I am still being affected by it.

I went downstairs this morning, to make sure he was awake for school, and I made him let me give him a hug. Then when he came upstairs I held him 2 more times. Andrew will be 7 on Friday (one week from today), so he is at the age where he is not to fond of this anymore, so by the last time he was like "enough woman!"

Today he went to his friends house and then to a movie, so after all day long being an emotional wreck, I didn't even get to take him home. I purposely parked on the side of the parking lot and waited till the line got to the end so that the woman who was taking him home would be behind me so I could see him in the car line. CRAZY. This dream was this disturbing.

I am not normally this irrational, I promise, but for some reason today I am. I know I am being crazy, but I can't help it. This was my worst fear in a dream. I love my kids so much that the thought of losing them scares the crap out of me.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I cut out all the ovals for my sisters cards last night and today I stamped them all. Now I just need to color/shade them and then I can assemble...woohoo. I will post a scan of it when I am done and when I can find the owner of the card I stole, I mean, copied, the idea from.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awww dont you just hate that? I sure hope you make it through the day with all yer duckies tucked nicely into their beds.

Cant wait to see the infamous lambs!