Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ok, so I missed a day...sue me.

I did two on Tuesday! LOL

I have no reason for missing yesterday, no good reasons anyway, I was watching the Sabres lose...again, so I didn't feel like blogging. Yea, that's a good enough reason for me. Ron left for Nashville early this morning, 5 am ish, so I was dealing with him trying to find everything he needed before he left. Same things every time. He's lucky I love him so much, he drives me crazy.

The Stampin Up workshop is back on. They changed the date for Scout Sunday so we are back on which means I need to get invites out. I changed it a bit, I hated the way it came out originally. I printed all the info on a piece of paper so that *if* the people who I am inviting wanted to use it, they could. How thoughtful of me huh? No, that was Wanda's idea. Wanda, the greatest Stampin Up demo ever. *wink*

I still have not heard from Andrew's teacher on the exact wording she wants so yes, I am going a bit crazy. It's not like I don't have a million other things to be doing, but now I am focused on these clips and I don't want to do anything else.

Now I have something startling to mention. (Heidi you knew I would blog about this.) I think I am going to start digital scraping. *gasp* I can hear you all now. Well, not all of you, but a few of you....

Seriously, it is awesome, and I haven't even started yet. However, I have downloaded about a million free kits, and I am having fun just looking at them, such pretty papers, and ribbons, and those of you that really know me know that I have a slight issue with ribbon. I need to learn how to use photoshop and then I can really start. It is so damn cool too. Will this save Ron money? Probably not, my real addiction is card making, but it will make me happy, which in turn makes him happy. You know, happy wife, happy life....he is finally learning after 12 years of marriage. Men.

Now, I haven't officially gotten permission to post this, but she means so much to me, so I need all your help. Those of you that pray, please, pray...hard. Let me give you some background first.

The first time we moved away from home was back in the fall of 1999, and we moved here, to Knoxville. I got a job working at Dillards and I met a woman who I will call L for now. L was/is the sweetest woman I had ever met. Seriously, the sweetest. woman. ever. At the time she had one little boy who was so darn cute you could squeeze him and at that time I was going through some major baby hormones, so seeing him made me so happy. He was too cute. Ron and I were only here 6 months, and even before we left, L and her husband and son went to Nashville. We still kept in touch though. I went to WV, then DE, then back here, and she had 2 more children over these years as well. She now lives in GA, right past the TN line, and even though I haven't chatted with her in a long time, I thought about her a lot.

I just got an email from her. She is battling breast cancer. She is doing fine, but she has a bad dose of chemo tomorrow. Can you all please say a prayer for her? Chemo sucks, Cancer sucks, this all sucks. She, of all people, does not deserve to be going through this, but I know her, and I am sure she is accepting it and dealing with it.

L, I know you read this. I love you. I wish I could be there to help you in any way you need. Be strong glow worm.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Its okay that you missed a day. Glad to see you postin a card today! I love this invite. VERY COOL.. But I gotta say again...I loved the others ones too!

Anonymous said...

SLIGHT ribbon problem?!?!?! I am laughing my butt off on that one!!! Talk to me about the new Occassions Mini catalog- yikes!!! I am the best- I love myself!!! Digi-scrappin'- I don't even want to know.....