Monday, January 7, 2008

Help!


I am trying to make invitations for the Stampin Up workshop that I am having during sale-a-bration. Pretty much everyone that I am inviting doesn't do paper crafts, that's why I am making them as opposed to just sending the Stampin Up post cards. Problem is I don't have a whole lot of current sets, so I am limited in what I can use.
In my head this card came out soooo cute, on paper though, I don't like it. First off, apparently I can't make ribbon stems, and secondly, I just don't like it, there is no WOW factor with it.
Any help out there?
On other news, we had Andrew's IEP this morning for his speech and he falls into the very mild side, but it is affecting his spelling so we are going to have him go through it. Because his case is so mild, and the speech therapist thinks he could correct himself, she will only be meeting with him once a week for 30 minutes. She feels that after a year he should be doing much better and may not need any more therapy. He is looking forward to working with Miss Emily, so I think this will benefit him.
I also wanted to add that we brought Lea with us and she was such an angel. She behaved herself and Ron and I were so proud of her. I think I will need to stop at a McDonalds on my way to the school this afternoon and buy her another strawberry shortcake doll...for her...yea...for her. LOL

1 comment:

Ila said...

I think it's a lovely invitation...fine the way it is But to only give it a little extra...I would either add some glitter or a sakura clear stardust pen to accent.
You have a beautiful family!! One of my son's needed speech therapy when he was young too. It was very beneficial!! ....Ila