Monday, January 18, 2010

week 3 starts today

I haven't ben talking about it but I have continued to do the couch to 5K program. Last week I had to run 90 seconds and walk 2 minutes, 6 times. It was hard, but I did it!!!!

It's funny, I dread doing day 1 each week, but I hate doing day 3 even more because I know the new week will be starting.

I looked ahead at week 3 the other day and gasped. This week, which starts today for me, the program includes the usual walk 5 minutes, then you run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minues. You do that twice.

Run 3 minutes??? Yikes. I hope I can do it.

April 10th is the 5K. I am so nervous.

I did find a fan page of the couch to 5K program on facebook, and I have a small support group now, all 4 of us are on week 3. That has helped a lot too.

I know I can do this, but it makes me so nervous. I have to run tonight instead of this morning because the kids are off from school and Andrew is too old for the playroom, so I need to wait for the youth gym to open at 5 for him. Ron is in Nashville this week. Wish me luck.

No comments: