I finally did week 4!!!!!
Yesterday I didn't go to the Y, my legs were really sore yesterday morning, I think the working my legs everyday finally caught up to me. However, I felt very bad about it. Isn't that crazy??? So, last night I got on my treadmill and tried to do week 4 again. Couldn't do it. Everytime I do it, I get a little farther but I just cant get to that second 5 minute run.
I spoke to a friend of mine last night and she gave me some advice, that I needed to drink more water before I ran, so I figured I would try that today.
Lea slept in. Till 8:20 this morning! So Ron went to the Y this morning on his own, which was awesome. I am very proud of him. He got home and I decided I would run around my neighborhood. For those of you that have been around my neighborhood you understand what I am saying next...I HAVE LOST MY FREAKIN MIND!
I put my podcast on and headed out the door. I wasnt sure exactly where I was goingto go and I wasn't sure if the route I was going to take was goingto be long enough for the podcast. Yea....the route is a bit longer then the podcast! ugh.
First 3 minute run was tough on the breathing, it was 29 degrees when I left the house. The first 5 minute run wasn't bad, I was getting into a grove. The second 3 minute run was a little tougher because I had already had to run 2 pretty decently steep hills! What was I thinking this morning when I walked out the door??? AND, on top of all that, I took a road I have only driven on once, thinking it came out farther down then it really does. I got to the corner and saw where I was and almost cried. LOL Next was the second, and last, 5 minute run. I can do this. Yea, no I can't. Smack in the middle of the 5 minutes was a really bad hill. I ran a little of it but then I had to walk. I just couldnt do it. I estimate it was about 45 seconds that I walked, so I started running again and when my pal Robert told me to stop (he's the voice on the podcast) I stopped. I DID IT! (well except for that 45 seconds). I had a couple more really serious hills to tackle before even getting to the street my street is off of yet.
I walked for about 5 minutes, and then I felt bad so I ran to make up the 45 seconds I walked.
I DID IT!!!!!
Now, dont get me wrong. I am really proud of myself but I will NEVER, EVER do this again. ;)
2 comments:
HOORAY and congrats on your HILLY run!!!! Wanted to ask you - do you have an ipod? I tried to download a podcast and it doesn't work for me but not sure what I'm doing wrong. I did however, program my workouts to stop at the inverals so that worked but wanted to try some different music - I get bored easily!
Anyways, awesome job and thanks for inspiring a once runner who sort of desired the couch more this winter than my runs - so I'm back to running even if I'm bumped myself up in the workouts. I was talking with my friend an avid runner and she said doing intervals is awesome because it gets you to build you mileage and there is nothing wrong with walking. So, I'm inspired again and I owe that to you! Thanks for sharing the program with us!!!! I love reading how it's going!
Yay!! I am so excited about getting outside to run, will have wait until I am over this darn cold but I want to do it. I did Week 4 Day 2 yesterday and that last 5 minutes almost did me in too!! I think I actually slowed down to an almost walk with about 30 seconds left.... I was done!!!
Post a Comment