I went back to the gym yesterday after me knees were killing me from the running on Monday. The knee pain started Monday afternoon and it was pretty bad. But, I decided I needed to go to the gym anyway. We got there and the place was pretty packed so there were no treadmills available, so I got on the bike. I rode the bike for 20 minutes when a treadmill became available so I hoped off the bike and got on the treadmill.
This time I did the program the right way, walked 5 minutes, then alternate run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds. I did it 8 times. I did it! And I felt great. My knees even stopped hurting me.
Woohoo
Then the late afternoon hit and my legs started to really hurt. My poor muscles. I am better today, but I was sure to text my brother in law so he could tell me this was temporary...yea, he had nothing but great news for me. :( Oh well, I am determined to do this.
Speaking of which, I was at the school yesterday morning to help my friend take pictures of the classes. One of the teachers mentioned the school run, which is a 5K, to us so I said we were training for a 5K, and I would think about it. Its in April or May. Kristie promised we would do it. Did I mention that Kristie has said repeatedly she doesnt want to do a 5k??? LOL
It's all good, I wanted to do one and this is a good one to do. So I am unofficially signed up to do my first 5K!!!!!
Wish me luck. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment