Thursday, January 21, 2010

*screaming* WOOHOO

After I posted this morning I sat at my computer with my head on my desk, I was that tired. If Ron was home I definitely would have taken a nap. But instead, I was thinking about day 3 run tomorrow, and was staring at my treadmill.

Then I felt this urge to run. Now a reminder, not sure if I posted this or not, last week when I tried to do week 2 on my treadmill I couldn't do it, and I was pissed! Stupid treadmill with its tiny little incline that kicked my ass! So why in the world would I want to run 3 minutes on it when 90 seconds was torture?

I got on it anyway, and....

I walked 5 minutes. Then I RAN 3 minutes. Then I walked 3 minutes. Then I RAN another 3 minutes!

And, it wasn't torture. In fact, the first 3 minutes ended so fast I thought I was wrong. Can you believe that? I was so excited. And then the day got better...

I got on the scale. The scale scares me. I am always so afraid it wont show the number I want to see and then I will be mad, even though it was my doing. I got on the scale with my eyes closed chanting "I shouldnt do this, I shouldn't do this".

Down TWO more pounds!!!! Which puts me at a total of 11 pounds lost.

I am SOOOOOO excited. So I celebrated with....




A HUGE salad, with olive oil and lime. (you thought I was going to say something bad for me didn't you?)

2 comments:

Jen J said...

Way to Go Jennifer!! I printed out the schedule but have not stuck to it. Think since I have already been doing this a bit I need to just jump in on week 2 or 3... plan to start on Sunday so it goes on even weeks :)

Wendy said...

Just wanted to tell you I backread alot of your posts - sort of got away from our blogs but enjoying reading up on you and others...also started up mine again!

Great job on your workout plan - on Tuesday I did a walk/run workout by running a song, walking a song, running two songs etc., walking a song. It's a nice mixup and actually good for training to not always go full on run all the time. ( I read that in my runnersworld magazine)

Looking forward to checking in here more often and reading about you guys....btw - what was the verdict on your sore throat?