Week one of summer vacation is over, many more (I just don't want to know the real number) to go. I love my kids more than life itself, but it is hard having them home while Ron works from home. Lea is 2, and apparently just like I was, which sucks for me, but gives my Mom much joy, and she screams over everything, and it's usually something that she wants that the boys have, looked at, once thought about, whatever, it will set her off.
Friends with girls used to talk about this age and I use to think, man, thank God my boys aren't that way...wow. All of you with girls, baby girls, not quite this age yet, brace yourself. That's my warning for you, not that you can do anything to change that. LOL
So, because of the fact that Ron works from home, it is not good that she screams all the time, which stresses me out big time. I will be shocked if I don't have a stroke by the time the school year starts again.
Speaking of school year, we got the boys report cards in the mail yesterday. WOOHOO. Evan, like I expected, did very well. Only thing he didn't get a 1 on, which means he consistently knows it, was his address. Huh? "Evan, what's your address?" He rattles it off to me like he was telling me his name. See, the thing about Evan is that if he doesn't want to tell you something, especially anyone other than Ron or I, even though he knows it, he just won't answer. Goofball.
Andrew's report card was consistent, G+'s and some S's, like all year, BUT, we also got his Iowa testing scores and he kicked ass in Math, Science, and Social Studies. Kicked Ass I tell you. WAY past average. Am I surprised? Not at all, the kid has always excelled in math, his teacher all year long has said that math was definitely his strong point, but to see that he did so well, and in science too, two subjects that I sucked at, made me so proud of him.
Another couple milestones in the Nagel house yesterday, Lea figured out how to climb up the ladder of the play yard and go down the slide, all by herself, more stress for me, and Evan learned how to swing on the swings, all by himself. I am very proud of Evan, he has complained for months that he couldn't do it so to see him finally do it was amazing. All thanks to Andrew BTW. Andrew showed him how, and then Evan did it.
Ron and I, well Ron, started the pool yesterday. He spray painted all the rails, and took out the old liner and found a black widow spider...YUCK. He killed it and all is fine in the world, but I was seriously in denial that we had those here. I am still freaking out a little. Today we get to put the new liner in. Please keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. Our 13th anniversary is in a couple days, it would be awful to be filing for divorce right on that day. Totally kidding. We would wait a couple days at least. LOL
So, that is it. I really need to update more often, and hopefully I will.
1 comment:
OMG! I dont know what the deal is, but in the entire 3 years that we have lived here I have seen like maybe ONE black widow...if EVEN that. I mean I had to go on line and look it up to make sure that is what they looked like. But this year, we have killed too many to count anymore. Huge ones everywhere! Dang! I wonder how come? Wonder how come we havent seen em prior to this year?? I hope that the rest of pool set up goes fabulously! ENJOY your summer days!!!!
Post a Comment