Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why is it that whenever Ron leaves....

Something goes wrong?

I am so sick. This has been creeping up on me for a bout 4 days but last night it hit me hard. Coughing, couldn't breath, sore throat, all the good stuff.

I fell asleep at 9 last night, before Andrew did, and woke up at 12:30. Shut the lights off, let the dog out, and started watching TV, until 1:30. Woke up again at 4. Turned the TV back on and Terms of Endearment was on. I remember the first time I saw this movie, I was in 5th grade and I was at my best friends house. I think this was the first movie I ever really cried in. Why I decided I needed to watch it this morning, when my face was already puffy and swollen is beyond me. I cried hysterically, at a part I don't think I ever really cried that hard at before, when she said good-bye to her boys. DAMN. I haven't seen this movie sinceI have had my kids and man that part killed me.

Ok, onto better news. As I was getting dressed this morning to take the boys to school I heard Evan screaming and running up the stairs, "My tooth finally came out, my tooth finally came out!" He was very excited, to say the least.

So, since I was completely out of it this morning, I totally forgot to get the boys their snacks, and I didn't remember until they were getting out of the car at the school. :( I said, oh no, I forgot your snacks boys and Andrew said "No Mom, it's ok, I took care of it for Evan and me." What a great kid. Though, I am sure they both got a baggie full of teddy grahams, the fact that he did that, made me so proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Jennifer, Hope you feel better soon!! That movie makes me cry everytime too.

How wonderful that Andrew took care of things this morning when knew you did not feel well. You are raising that boy right my friend :)

Becky said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better!!! And yay for your big boy! Isnt it great when they start hanging in there for each other.

((HUGS))