I can't believe it's been 7 years already.
They say you will never forget where you were when there is a tragedy. Columbia was probably the earlest tragedy I remember, and I remember it well. I was in 7th grade Science class at Iroquois Middle with Mr. Stepien.
As for 7 years ago today, I will never ever forget that day. Andrew turned 8 months old that day. I was sitting in my bedroom watching the Today show, like I did every morning, and I was IMing with a friend of mine. A friend I had never met in real life, and even to this day still haven't met. I remember Matt Lauer not believing the person who said it was a large jet that hit the building, and then seeing with my own eyes, the second one hitting.
I had a cousin and an uncle that I knew worked in NYC, but I didn't know where. And my Dad I knew worked in DC, but I didn't know exactly where. I called my Mom to make sure everyone was ok.
I remember sitting on the floor, watching Andrew play, without a care in the world, while I cried thinking to myself, what kind of world did I just bring this beautiful child into?
Ron worked in a building where there was a Social Security office so he wasn't able to leave, there were armed guards all around.
So scary.
7 years, and we still don't have the person responsible for the day that changed our lives forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment