Safe and sound.
I am trying to catch up on my emails right now, but I thought I would take a break, because you all know how popular I am, and type a blog post.
Firstly. It was hard leaving my Mom this morning, and it doesn't help either when Evan says he doesn't want to leave, he wants to stay a few more days, because he "really likes Grandma and Grandpa." How sweet is that? We left at 9 this morning, and made it back home around 4:30. Except for the huge error on Ron's part, buying Lea a box of junior mints, the trip was uneventful.
On a side note, I forgot to mention an Evanism from the other day. In the guest room upstairs my Mom has a lot of older pictures of both sets of my grandparents. He was looking at my wedding picture up there, then started asking who the other people in the other pictures were. There was a picture of my Grandparents that was taken probably in the late 80's and he asked who they were. I told him it was my Grandma and Grandpa, but they are in heaven now. He says, "so they died?" I shook my head yes. "How sad. Do you miss them?" I shook my head yes again, so he gave me a big hug and a kiss. I do love that boy.
Ok, onto the rest of my "we're home" post. I took the boys to pick up Eddie. He did good with Michelle and her family I guess, except for his whining. Man was he happy to see us though. That dog drives me insane, I am not a dog person, but man, do I love my Eddie. Right now he is sleeping on the couch. LOL I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend. When I got the call about my neighbor, I needed to find someone to take Eddie to the kennel for me. She wouldn't take him to the kennel, she took him to her house, where her oldest really took good care of him. I am so blessed to have that family in my life.
Now that I am home, surrounded by all my stuff, I am feeling really...mixed. I want to dive back in and make stuff, but at the same time, I feel so dejected. I do need to make 5 more shower invites and get them in the mail, but other than that, I have nothing I feel I have to make. There was a post on my favorite stamp board awhile back about people being on so many design teams, and how other people don't really get a chance. I totally agree with this, but then I read a post about this exact thing happening to someone but she dived into making whatever she could to impress another company, and she did. So, on that note, I think I am going to advertise my blog more, and start following the challenges more, and see what comes of it. I don't handle rejection well, obviously, but maybe I may just find another company I love and try again.
Monday morning we are going to register Andrew for school and see the new school. I am very excited, and I can't wait. I will keep you posted.
I am going to sign off with a few great pictures that Ron took of the kids the other day. Maybe a Christmas card picture?????
No comments:
Post a Comment