Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 3

Your first love.

Sappy alert! My first love is my husband. I know, I know. Awwww.

Seriously though. I met my husband when I was 17 years old and a senior in high school. I met him at the job I had at the time, I was a cashier at Valu Home Center in East Aurora. I love telling the story of how we met...

I was on my third day, my last day of cashier training, when I met him. He walked in and said hi to the head cashier who was training me and headed to the back to clock in. After that he headed back up to the front and Shirley introduced us. He seemed nice enough but there was no fireworks or anything like that. He seemed to be ok but he was a bit obnoxious. Whatever, he was part time.

About a week later I was told I could work on the floor and I should help R. Ok, sounds like fun. Let me tell you, it so wasn't. I really did not enjoy working with him. He was such a jerk, in a male chauvinistic way. I couldn't wait for the night to end.

After a few more times working with him I started to check the schedule to make sure I wouldn't have to work with him. I would switch with people just to avoid him.

Fast forward a few months and we became friends. He stopped being a jerk, which BTW was just a show, and we used to talk a lot. He was a great guy.

One night as we were closing the phone rang and I was called to the phone. It was R asking me if I wanted to go to a Bills game. I had never been to one so I figured, why not. He and I were both dating other people at the time so it was very innocent, we were just going as friends. We also ended up spending New Year's together but again, just as friends. However, around that time I started to have feelings for him. It wasn't long after that we started dating.

I haven't told you the best part though. He would tell you that the first time he saw me, my third day of work, he knew he was going to marry me someday. He was right. ;) And I still love him as much as I did back then.

No comments: