I was watching Glee last night, which btw, was not very good, but there was a pretty good point made in it. We have become a society where it is now ok to say whatever you want, even though it may be hurtful. Technology, it's not always good. For the last couple weeks I have been dealing with a lot of bullshit from people and I am tired of it. Some have been very inconsiderate of my feelings, others feel that my life revolves around them, and then others just don't know how to be nice.
I teach my children, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I also try to live by that rule. After having felt like I am dirt by people that I thought were my friends though, I am tired. Things happen, misunderstandings, lack of communications, my making a mistake on twitter when I was unfollowing people that don't "tweet" anymore, but to go around telling anyone that will listen what a horrible person I am, is just not my cup of tea. I am tired of having hurt feelings. If you have something to say, call me or come over (though I will say my house is a disaster with the complete remodeling going on over here) and say what you want to my face. Don't text me or comment on something on facebook because you know you dont have to look me in the eye when you say your nastiness. If you think I am exhausting, don't be my friend anymore, I am ok with that, but could you also tone down your spitefulness?
Now, saying all that, I am now onto more positive things. I will not let nastiness get me down. Facebook is no more for me, it's too negative, but I am still on twitter, of course. :)
Thanks for letting me get that out. Well, it is my blog afterall. I just don't want to feel beat up and sad anymore.
5 comments:
I totally see your point but think of all the good being social does too!! We are your friends and several are looking you!!! If you go, I understand but I will follow you and the kids here. I too have considered deleting a few times just b/c of time but then I think how much I will miss keeping up with people I don't see. I am sorry the pettiness and ugliness of a few will ruin your keeping in touch with those who love you! Just consider that, you could control your friend list and limit it to just a select few??? Just a thought!
sorry to hear that you've been having issues. Fortunately, I've not experienced any problems.
HUGS.
~erika
Jennifer -- someone posted where you went today and I came to your blog and glad you explained it! I'm so sorry you are going through this but I totally get it too. I go through phases of loving FB and hating it for reasons too. It's hard through typing to get what people are saying but I agree if someone is being downright nasty....who needs them. Know we are here for you though!!!
I have major settings on my fb and have deleted some just don't have time for crap. You may change your mind and I hope you do - cuz we are always here for you!!!
Hey Jennifer!! I guess I'm going to have to call you! I had no idea you were dealing with all of this and I'm very sorry that you have been - you are right. People should never *talk* they way they do sometimes on FB. I still post on facebook - mostly pictures (for family) and small comments here and there, but mine is definitely not as active as it once was - I'm friends with too many students (stupid to have ever started THAT!), but I too have had to make serious privacy settings because of it and honestly I'm just fearful - teachers get fired over facebook.....
I completely understand why you are leaving - Jason did for awhile too because people were misinterpreting his humor (myself included at times) and his comments..... it happens and it sucks. I do hate to see you leave. But - on the bright side - maybe it will force me to pick up the telephone to keep up with you at times......
HUGS!!!
Jennifer...I hate to see you go, but totally understand. I only use it for the baby board. My sister's all put new pictures up all the time...but like Molly said I don't like people looking in on my life out of curiosity. John just deactivated his account two weeks ago. Take care! ~hugs~ Nora
Post a Comment