Friday, April 22, 2011

Everything happens for a reason

A bumper sticker:

I would tell you to go to hell but I work there and I don't want to see your face everyday.

Hahahaha. As it was pointed out to me yesterday, mine would say I volunteer there. Too funny.

Anyway, everything happens for a reason, I completely believe that. I have soooo many examples I could share but that would be boring, more boring then this blog already is, lol. But I do want to share my most recent reason for thinking this.

A long while ago I was involved in a discussion about books and the book Something Borrowed was mentioned. A few women talked about how it was a really good book. I put it on my list of books to read, but I also knew I wouldn't get to it anytime soon, it wasn't something I was interested in. I bought it on my kindle MONTHS ago because it was on sale for $1.99 and I thought what the hell, still never read it though. As you probably know they made the book into a movie and it comes out in a couple weeks. I saw the trailer for it, but still didn't think anything of it.

Then a friend mentioned it on facebook (yes, you Wendy), that she was looking forward to the movie because she loved the book. I commented that I have had it forever on my kindle that I should read it, but honestly, I still had no real interest. (I am trying to get through some Patricia Cornwell books so I can get to the books I really want to read, Jefferson Bass ones. I know, it sounds crazy, but I am crazy so it make sense.)

I finish the 3rd Kay Scarpetta book by Cornwell and I see the trailer for Something Borrowed again. Hmmmm, ok Ginnifer Goodwin is in it, I love her. Let me look into this book. So I start it. Holy crap.

I am going through some shit right now, as you know, and this book is freaking me out a bit. It's just really odd that I am reading this book now and not months ago when I bought it. I can really relate to the Rachel character...wow. Not in the obvious way, lol, Ron and I are FINE, but in the subtle ways. I am halfway through it now and I can't put it down. (BTW, this isn't a good thing, I really have things around this house I have to get done!)

So, I think that there was a reason I didn't read this book until now and I am very glad that it happened this way. It's putting things into perspective for me. Thanks Wendy for the little push.

5 comments:

Jen said...

you are totally right, we just have to listen to the signs when they appear, if we ignore them sometimes it takes something really hitting you in the head for it to connect. LOL :) I read the book but really don't remember it, need to reread it now before the movie.

wanda said...

Well, damn you on mentioning Something Borrowed- now I NEED to read it!!! And damn all those nasty people to hell- I need you on FB and will miss you terribly since I am not lucky enough to be able to see/talk to you when I want- *those* people should be shot

Wendy said...

AWESOME --- so glad you picked it up er ummmm opened it on your kindle and loved it! It's just one of those fluff books but I really loved it and have to agree the timing was perfect for you so everything happens for a reason as you stated!!!

I also love the actresses picked to play the characters in the movie which is making me love it MORE and cant' wait to see it although I can't see it opening weekend as we have plans....grrr - but come Monday I'm at the theatre at 1150 for the 1st showing of the night!

And - glad you are back...you are an important person to so many of us and let those others take a flying leap!!! Love ya!

wendy said...

I meant day - I go see daytime movies for $5.00 can't beat that price and NO CROWDS!!!

Jennifer said...

I know I am going to hate the movie. I was watching parts of it and they have it all wrong, it will annoy me. LOL