About two weeks ago the PTA President at the kids school sent out an email resigning effective immediately. I had a bad feeling that I was going to get a phone call very soon.
Sure enough, she sent me a message on facebook to call her back, and like an idiot I did.
Her son was hurt very badly in an accident last year and had a major brain injury. It really is a miracle he survived and is doing well. With brain injuries though, you need to watch the patient very carefully for 2 years. Her son started complaining of headaches and it turns out his eyes aren't dilating correctly so they need to run a bunch of tests. Of course her son is her priority now.
So, going backto two weeks ago, she asked if I could step up and be the President. Why not the VP you ask???? Because she is new too and I have the experience. Because I like to torture myself whenever possible, I said ok.
What was I thinking????
So, today at 5:00 is the emergency PTA meeting where I get voted in.
Because life was so slow for me before...
No comments:
Post a Comment