Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last Thursday was my last blog update

Because life has been CRAZY!

So, where did I leave off? Oh, me finally getting that damn 20 minute run in, finally. ;)

Friday: The PTO, well my friend the VP, came up with the idea of having a Valentine Family Dance in the school gym, and this took place Friday night. A few "issues" came up, and our goal of just breaking even on cost was quickly slipping away. I was getting a little nervous, but I had already said, if we dip into the PTO fund that was fine, it was a family get-together anyway. $1.00 ticket got you into the dance, a slice of pizza, soda and a slice of cake, or cupcake. Good deal right? YES, and everyone else thought so too, we sold 266 pre sale tickets!!!! Long story short, a ton of people came, and a lot of them bought tickets at the door for $2.00 each. I heard from so many people how great this was, and kids, and adults, had a wonderful time. I told every person that told me that to tell my VP Kristie. She did the whole thing, all I did was what I was told!

Evan came with me, Andrew didn't want to, so here is a picture of us.

He had a great time as well, and his little girl friend, and he would want me to correct this by saying, she is not his girlfriend, she is a friend that is a girl, was there and they danced a little too. SO cute.

And, by the way, my zune was awesome!!!! Should I go into the awesome benefits ofthe zune again? Ok, I wont, but just know, it saved the dance! ;)

Saturday: Another big day. It was Evan's turn to go out with Mom. He wanted to go to a hockey game and of course I was not about to say no. We have the Knoxville Ice Bears here. They are no where near pro, but it's hockey and it game me the chance to wear my Sabres jersey that Sanderson signed. :) Geoff Sanderson who is super good looking but no longer plays for the NHL because he reallly isnt all that good anymore. lol

I asked my friend Betsi, the "not my girlfriend"'s Mom if they wanted to come too. So I took Evan to applebees for dinner, his choice, and then we headed to Betsi's, she was going to drive.

Evan and I get into her van, she backs out of the driveway and smash. She hit Ron's truck. Hahahahahaha She felt terrible. She barely did any damage, took the paint off the one spot, no big deal. Her husband is going to fix it this weekend.

We had a lot of fun at the hockey game, Evan even got to go on the ice between the 2nd and 3rd periods. I went to get him something from the gift shop and a guy came up to me that was also from the Buffalo area, woohoo. And yes, he knew I was from Buffalo from the Sabres jersey! LOL (private joke there). Here are some pictures:




Sunday: Valentines Day. What a great day that is for young kids, all full of sugar!!!!

I also went to the gym Sunday, to do week 6 day 1. Run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes. That was hard. I didn't think it would be since I just ran the 20 minutes, but it really was. I started to hit a wall towards the end of the 8 minute run, but I just told myself I had to keep going, if I stopped I would have to do it all over again, that worked.

Monday: The kids were off from school, but Ron still had to work, and that is always fun. This is one of the cons of him working from home. But we managed.

Tuesday: I had stamp club, and I had to get all the pictures we took from the dance matted on paper and to the kids in their classrooms. I also had a meeting at the school I had to attend, and the USA had a hockey game on. I did not have the house clean, and I also did not have a project made. It's all good, I thrive when I am stressed....hahahahahaha. That's so not true. I panic.

But, I am happy to say that all the pictures, 115 of them, were all matted, and delivered, family room cleaned, project made, meeting attended, and the USA mens team won! (not in that order).

Check out this card. This is what we made. SOOOOO cool. Star card.

This morning I went to the Y with Ron, and Lea. She didn't do too bad, but she was crying a little. I did week 6 day 2, run 10 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 10 minutes. Again, it was hard, but I did it.

Today I am wanting to sleep...ALL DAY LONG!

3 comments:

wendy said...

LOL - yes I noticed no post since last Thurs. I check daily since I have all the mommy blogs bookmarked in my favs!

Love catching up with everyone...sounded like a great weekend and good job again on the run!

Jen said...

I was checking in too and since I follow you on FB I knew you were just busy! I love the Family Dance idea, might have to pass that along to our PTO for next year. Great idea your VP had there!!

Lisa Mann said...

I love your one-on-one dates with Evan! I need to do that with both boys. I am so proud of your running comments-you are such a great example to those of us running a week behind. Tomorrow is my 20 minute run for W5D3 and I like the self-talk about having to do it again if I don't finish-that will make me push for sure! Great pictures-your babies are getting so big!!!