I have been having a problem with the bottoms of my feet lately. They have been hurting off and on for awhile now, like almost a year I bet. I HAVE to put my slippers on as soon as I get out of bed some days because the floor hurts my feet. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does its annoying.
The other day I had to run 25 minutes. I ran outside and I couldn't do a mile, my feet hurt so bad. I know I need good running sneakers, and I am working on that, but in the mean time I wear two pairs of socks, and that has helped. Not friday. They hurt bad.
I attempted the run on the treadmill at the Y on Saturday and got 13 minutes in and wanted to cry, again, because of the bottoms of my feet. I stood over by Ron who was on one of the bikes and fought back tears. After about 5 minutes I got back on the treadmill, I was determined not to waste the last 10 minutes before I had to get the kids from the child care and the gym. I ran another 10 minutes.
That was torture. I hurt so bad. I still didn't run the 25 minutes, but I felt I totured myself enough.
Today I woke up and before I even got out of bed my feet were hurting, so I decided to take the day off. Ron asked Lea, "do you want to go to the Y?" She said yes...great. So I took the boys to school, Evan was having a bad day again, came home and picked up Ron and Lea. :(
Got her in the child care and up to the dreaded treadmill I went. 11 minutes and I had to stop. Waited a litle bit and got back on. At 18 minutes stopped again for a little bit, my feet hurt so bad, but I got back on. 25 minutes and I was done! I didn't think I could even walk off the treadmill, I was in a ton of pain. But, along with my feet killing me, I was sweating like I have never sweat before, my stomach was hurting so bad I thought I was going to be sick, and my face was a shade of red it really shouldn't be. But I ran for 25 minutes, sort of. I have to run it 3 times this week, so I am just going to go on with week 7!
I watched the Hangover today while I was running. "come here handsome, not you fat Jesus."
At this exact moment I am loading Bull Durham onto my zune. I LOVE that movie. One scene from the movie was played out almost exactly the other night at the hockey game. Had me laughing pretty hard.
2 comments:
Jennifer - it could be your shoes if you know you need new ones or maybe you have plater facitis. OK, I totally bombed on that word but I know alot of people have it and if this is something new since running it could be irritating it.
There are ways to relieve it, but you'd have to see a DR. I'd imagine it's something huge if you can not even get through a run without your feet hurting so I'd def. check it out.
HUGS
Wendy that is what I was thinking as well. I had that one time a couple of years ago and it was very painful. It is most painful in the morning b/c you tendons are tight from sleeping. The Dr told me to stretch my feet before walking on them and then I had a bunch of stretches to do during the day too. They had recommended inserts for my shoes but they were like $200 out of pocket so I decided to see if I could heal with stretching and it did. But without stretching out those tendons I can see how it would progressively get worse, especially with running. Look it up and see if your symptoms match up.
Post a Comment