Sunday, August 9, 2009

it's only a number

I turned 36 yesterday. I wish I was still a kid when I was excited about my birthday, but the higher that number gets, the less excited I am becoming about my birthday. 36 isn't old. Trust me, I know that, but still, 40 is creeping up on me and fast. I keep telling myself it isn't bad, I don't look 36 so it's fine. RIGHT?????

It's just so weird. It seems like just yesterday I graduated from high school and now, I could have done that twice. How did this happen?

With the exception of the number I now am, I had a great day yesterday. A very good friend, someone who I can call a very close friend, stopped by yesterday morning to bring me a gift. Of course I totally didn't answer the door, even after her ringing the doorbell twice, see, a great friend, LOL (I totally didnt hear the bell ring, I was downstairs.) A few hours later, another very close friend stopped by with a gift, chocolate and coffee, how awesome is that for a gift??? But better than that, she stayed for a few hours so we could catch up, I hadn't spoken to her since our cabin get-away, life just keeps getting in the way.

Ron took me out last night for dinner and a movie. We went to Abuelos, and the food was very good, but I had not one, not two, but 3 sangria swirls. Sangria swirled with frozen margarita. Oh, my. Heaven.

Then Ron, being to good sport that he is, saw The Hangover with me. This was my third time seeing this folks, it is so funny. Ron thought it was "okay". Whatever. I laughed so hard I cried, again. LOL

Then, and here is the best part of the evening, we went to Walmart! YUCK. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Walmart, and I pride myself in saying I don't shop there anymore. BUT, I wanted to get the school supply list done, much easier to do without kids, and Walmart was the only place open at 11:00. I HATE walmart, and it did not disappoint last night. UGH.

Oh, and what did I get for my birthday? NCIS season 1. AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to pop those DVD's in and watch them.

We had an excellent sitter last night. Evan asked if she could come back again today. I hope she will come back soon, all 3 kids told me she was so nice.

Tonight, we will have carvel ice cream cake, so the kids can sing Happy Birthday to me.

So, even though I am now 36, and I was reminded by my friends son, that rounding would make me 40, thanks Justin, I had a great birthday. And even though Ron threatened it, it was WAY better than my 25th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I'm so glad you had a great time! Now I have to try Abuelos!!

And I am so glad that the kids enjoyed having Tayla there! I'm looking forward to calling her for our next night out :)

And WTH?? Ron thought The Hangover was "okay"?? Alright, now I know for sure he's a re-tard ;)

Glad you had a great birthday!!

Tasha said...

I need to see this movie... haha... Glad you had a good one :)

Harrison Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jen!!! Glad you had a good one.