So, I thought I should follow up on that and talk about what I meant. I mentioned on 12/15 how I thought God worked in mysterious ways, so here is what I was getting at.
For those of you who have been following my blog for a year now, you will probably remember how distraught I was when Ron and I realized we wouldn't be able to afford the kids private school anymore. Some of you had to listen to me in person too, I was really upset. Many tears were shed at that time in my life. It wasn't that I thought the kids school was the best school, and it wasn't really that I was afraid to put them in the school that was in the district I live in, I was mostly afraid of change. I am sure many of you can understand that. Change is good, but it is also scary.
I am not really sure if I mentioned my one day last year where I felt Jesus completely surround me at church. I was at the school on a Friday, at mass with Evan. During the mass I felt completely overwhelmed and started crying. I stayed after mass ended and prayed some more in silence. At that time I felt that Ron and I were making the wrong decision and no matter what I had to do, we had to keep the boys at the school. I went and sat down with the principal and she then called the pastor who was going to get with me after his retreat. We were going to figure out how to make this work, but I knew in order for that to happen I was going to have to be at the school all the time, "working" off the tuition assistance.
During that week that I was waiting to hear from the pastor, I thought a lot about the kids and their school. One night I asked Andrew, how do you feel about the new school, and he responded with, "I can't wait to go to the new school and make new friends." With that statement, my heart was at peace and I had my answer; the boys were going to go to the new school, PRES.
Father called me and I explained what Andrew said and he completely understood and mentioned he would keep our family in his prayers.
Fast forward to July when I registered Andrew and left the school the PTO president.
At that time I knew I was going to be involved in the kids school, to make sure the fears I had I could see first hand and see if there were any problems. Like I have said in the past, I wasn't planning on being involved in the PTO, I was thinking more along the lines of volunteering as much as possible in the boys classrooms. The more I think about it though, there were things that happened that morning that just seemed like it was meant to be...you know, plans made by someone else for me. Hmmmm
The teacher that was heavily involved in the PTO was in the office at the exact time I was there, the bookkeeper, at the time, asking me if I was interested in volunteering at the EXACT time I was thinking to myself, "I need to remember to ask about classroom volunteering." and a new principal starting this year.
Many, many times you have read me complaining about the PTO, and those of you that see me often, hear me complain about the PTO too, but, you have also read and heard me say how much I love it. There are rough days, like yesterday, but they are fewer and farther apart now.
The actual point to this post though, I have met the most wonderful people this school year, and most of them I can call close friends. The VP of the PTO is one of the nicest, honest people I know. She always says how her "job" is a cakewalk, but really, she has done so much for me this year, and she has been there, just to listen to me when I needed to complain. I don't think the PTO would be as good as it is if she didn't walk into my life. The secretary is another woman who has stepped up and helped me with whatever I have asked of her. She has come and saved me from losing my mind many times, and never complains about what I ask for. The treasurer is the one person that I KNOW God wanted in my life. She is very faithful, and she has made me look into my faith as well. She is the one that made me realize what was happening to me in church last may, and what I was really being told, not what I thought I was being told. I cannot imagine my life without her in it anymore. I can't imagine my life without any of those 3 women!
There are so many more people I need to mention too. The school secretary, she has been amazing to me, and the new bookkeeper, I don't know what to say about her. As a fellow "yankee" who is also from NY, she has been my venting to person, and she always, always makes me laugh when I need it.
My board members on the PTO. One woman, I actually knew before this, and to be honest I wasn't exactly fond of, but now have come to realize that even though we have completely different personalities, she is an amazing woman, and gets the job done, which is what the PTO needs. Another woman, she is the newest member of the PTO board, I also feel I was meant to meet. She makes me laugh and we have a lot in common, with the exception of the fact that she is a lot younger then me. LOL She has helped me immensly and I can't explain how grateful I am to her.
And of course, the principal. I don't think I would have been able to do any of what the PTO has done without her support. She also lets me vent when I need to, and always understands. Her and I are very much alike in how we handle situations and I know I can call her a friend.
There are so many more people that I can call friends this year that I haven't even mentioned. I am not sure of how many people know about my blog but please know, even if I didn't mention you, I cherish you.
Without the intervention that I felt last year, I would have never met any of these women. If you ever doubt that everything happens for a reason...
5 comments:
Jennifer, i new you would be friend the moment i meet you. It was just icing on the cake you were from ny!!
You are great-love ya-Barbara
God works in mysterious ways and sometimes the hardest thing to do, turns out to be the best decsision ever.. did I tell you how we ended up back in Knoxville? well let me bore you with it lol. We grew up here and went to MTSU for college and stayed for 10 yrs. We had Zack there, everything was going well and then we got this nagging feeling like we were suppose to come back home. We ignored it. We had some financial *issues* and then me finding work *issues*, job *issues*, nothing really big, but still.. THEN we got that nagging feeling again - ignored it once more and put our house up for sale to move to a VERY nice n'hood...we put an offer on the house, and had TWO showings a week for 6 months on our old house. No buyers. No offers. So we took it off. In March of 2006 I found out that I was no longer employed bc of a new shcool being built and layoffs at the school. Scott decided it was time to leave his company he helped build basically for 7 yrs and was quitting in June. April 7th, we had a tornado almost hit our house and we had to have NEW siding and roof..it looked like someone took a machine gun to our house...we had holes everywhere! it actually touched down 1 street over. Not to mention we are DEATHLY afraid of tornados and had a WARNING at least every week during the spring, every spring, that scared us to death..anyhoo... Im going to be jobless, scott is going to be jobless, the house is torn up, the next day I find out Im pregnant with Wyatt. We finally say "ok, God - you win." We put our house up for sale, we sold it for 10K MORE than we asked and sold it in THREE days...we moved back home, jobless, houseless (thus the comment from zack lol) with faith it would "work out" if this is what God was truly calling us to do. It did. We actually thought of moving back to Mboro once and IMMEDIATELY got a call from our realtor telling us he got another offer for MORE than we were asking.. once again we said "ok, you win. we get it." So here we are :) It was tough, I was pregnant and homronal and living in someone elses house LOOKING for a house EVERY single day... Scott started his job Nov6th.. I went into the hostpial with Wyatt Nov.6th and stayed till he was born on the 20th.. we had immediate insurance and Scott has a boss that paid him even though he wasnt working while i was in the hospital and told him to stay with me. We couldnt have asked for anything better. :)anywhoo.... Im glad I met you!!!!!
You know what "they" say Jen..God doesn't give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. words to live by.
and for the record..I was RIGHT!!
LOL
and am I really that much younger than you?? you know I will be the big 3-0 this year, right? blaaah
God always seems to have a plan for us...even when that plan makes our hearts skip a beat *wink*. You have done such an amazing job with the PTO this year (trust me, I still have bad dreams about the old days lol) that I know it's where you were supposed to be :) And I'm really glad that I met you too!! And that your dog saved my life ;)
Post a Comment