Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today sucked

Seriously, today sucked.

After getting the boys off to school, Ron took them, I came downstairs to check my email and I see Evan's school folder. Great. That in itself is not bad except that Evan hates when he forgets things and then I get blamed so I knew that I was in for it when I picked him up.

I went to pick him up and he was fine. His teacher has an emergency folder that he brought home but he made sure to inform me that he "must take it back tomorrow." I brought it back when I picked up Andrew.

Issues, issues, issues. That's all I will say about what happened next.

When I picked up Andrew he told me he was on yellow, this is the second time all year, which isn't bad, but this is the second time in one week, he was on yellow on Thursday too. This is funny, because I had my surgery that day the principal told Andrew's teacher not to send home the behavior sheet, not to bother me with it. Speaking of surgery, there was a rumor that I had open heart surgery, too funny. I was wondering why everyone was looking at me crazy when I was there on Monday.

BTW, yellow was the level he was at on his behavior chart. They all start at green, then they go to yellow then red.

On our way home Andrew told me his tummy hurt, and then his head. I basically ignored him because I thought he was just doing that because I was upset he got in trouble at school, so now he was mad at me. As we went in the house he decided to leave the front door open so Eddie felt he should run out.

I am supposed to be resting. Instead I was running, yes running, around my neighborhood trying to catch my half lab half grey hound dog. You can't catch him, it's impossible. Needless to say I was dead when I got home, without him.

After about an hour he finally came back and went into the backyard. Ron told the boys to get in the truck because Andrew and Ron had scouts and then Andrew and Evan have religion. I was helping Evan out the office door and he says "oh man, Izzy got out!" Izzy would be my cat. What the hell happened with my animals today that they both thought they should get out of the house? Izzy ran up to my neighbors house. The neighbors that don't live there anymore, but the garage door is open a crack, a crack big enough for my cat. I needed to run up the hill, around her, but in front of her so she wouldn't run in there. Fortunately she stopped and came over to me so all was fine there.

I get the cat back in the house and bring Lea downstairs, she just woke up from her nap, when my phone rings. It's Ron telling me to get to the Baptist Church down the road, and now. Andrew threw up. I grab Lea, who has no socks or shoes on and put her in the car. Yes, I lifted her and I am not suppose to lift over 10lbs for 2 weeks. I didn't have a choice. Go get Andrew.

My poor baby is really sick. :( He has been sleeping, on and off, since I picked him up.

Ok, so I am at home, it's getting late and I think nothing more could possibly go wrong. WRONG. Ron called me on his way home and for some reason I started thinking that I should check my cell phone minutes. I look and I am 302 minutes over my plan and I still have two weeks to go! OMG. Ron kind of flips out on the phone, but he hangs up with me because he needed to get gas in his car. I decide to call Verizon because as I am looking at my call log and there are numbers in there that I know are Verizon to Verizon so they shouldn't count.

Mike answers my call. Poor Mike. I explain that I am panicking because I am over my minutes but I am being charged for calls that should be free. The poor guy explains to me 5 times, yes, 5 times, the same exact thing, that the log is showing all calls but it doesn't break down what each call is. 5 times. It took me that long because I was freaking out. At $.40 a minute, Ron was going to kill me.

Obviously, since I am blogging, Ron didn't kill me.

After I stop laughing, nervously, and apologize for not listening, Mike says to me "I can fix this." Um, what? However, since our service was originally set up through Ron's work I am not allowed to make decisions on the account so he asks if Ron is near by. No, he was on his way home, so he asks for his number to call him. Now I am getting really nervous because first, Ron won't know the number so he won't answer, or second, he will be mad that this guy is calling him. After a few minutes Mike gets back on the line and says "Ron is not flipping out, he is fine, so now I need to tell you what we are going to do to fix this."

I am now on the account. LOL And for $20 I am saved. He is giving me bonus minutes that will cover me for the next 2 weeks and upgrading my plan till the end of this cycle.

So, how on earth did I use 1200 minutes in 2 weeks????? 3 letters, P T O! That and everyone was calling me to see how I made out with my surgery. It was all ok. And I have been saved.

Now I need to sleep. I am exhausted. Past exhausted.

But first I need to share the latest Evanism. LOL

The back story. My Mom had foot surgery a few months ago. What was suppose to be a 2 week recovery has turned into months, because a nerve was hit. First my Mom had to use a walker, but now after some rehab, she uses a cane.

My Mom mentioned to me yesterday that Evan and her were talking and Evan said someone was old. Mom said this person was probably in their mid fifties, which is how old my Mom is, so she said "Evan, do you think Grandma is old?"

"Yeah", said like my Mom stated the stupidest thing he ever heard, "you have a cane!"

Nice Evan. Thankfully my Mom has a great sense of humor.

Goodnight all.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Whew.. what a day you had, girl! lol..about Evan and the old granny hehe.. I was just talking to Mrs.McGagaha the other day about how 30 was oollllld when we were little.. now its not that old, right??? lol... get some rest!

Anonymous said...

your day was too funny for me and being that I am 55 I can relate to what comes out of the mouths of babes regarding "US" LOL thanks for sharing your day...I hope tomorrow is a better one! Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it through yesterday! Today wasn't too much better with the whole fire department thing LOL!