Friday, October 10, 2008

"How'd it go last night?"

It went really well. Really well for our school anyway.

When I tell you that we had 20 people show up, not including my board members, some of you will gasp and say "How is that good?" I will tell you how. Last year, they had on average of 2 people show up. So see, it went really well.

I did not advertise that I was giving away prizes for coming, so I sense that will get out and more people will come to the next meeting, whenever the heck that will be.

It started at 6, and I was finished at 7! I would have been done even sooner, if I was back home in Buffalo, but because I am in the south, I slowed my talk speed down a bit. Nothing against Southeners, but I always get yelled at for talking too fast. LOL

I got pretty much everything I wanted to get accomplished, done. There are still a few teachers without room parents, unfortunately, but more that do have a list now, and we have a chairperson for every single committee, which I am thrilled with.

The secretary this morning congratulated me, she heard it went really well too. (See, 20 people and it was a HUGE success.)

Tonight Ron is taking the boys camping at their old school. It is Fall Festival weekend and the Scouts always camp out to "protect" all the tables and games set up. SO, it's Princess and I, again. Frankly, it's too soon for the two of us to be alone together again. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my daughter, but this last week she beat me down. I am thinking I may take her out to dinner, but I am not sure yet. Wish me luck.

I forgot to mention my funny news. I mentioned awhile back that I have a new favorite blog, cake wrecks, well I emailed her a picture of Evan's cake this year, mostly because I had no idea what it was suppose to be on the cake. HIS CAKE MADE THE BLOG!!! I was in VA at the time but my good friend Heidi texted me to let me know. What a great friend! Now I know what the cake was suppose to look like! LOL

Tonight is a great night! Hockey starts tonight!!! Ron and I decided to purchase the online package again this year so I will get to watch it on my computer tonight, and all season long. I missed my hockey. Hopefully the Sabres will do better than last year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad it hear it well Jen!! :)

Anonymous said...

You talk fast, really.....NEVER noticed!!!! Congrats on the 1st mtg!!