Today was the first day of school for Andrew and I was so nervous. It's so hard being the new kid, I know, I did it, so I was a mess for Andrew. Of course, being the great Mom that I am I completely hid how I felt and told him how great this year was going to be.
We left here at about 7:20, after he woke up at 6. I knew it was too early but he was so excited. (side note, he had a smile on his face looking at his sneakers while waiting to leave. I asked him what he was thinking and he said nothing, so I said are you excited that you get to wear anything you want to school and he said oh yeah.) We got to the school at 7:25 LOL
I took him to the gym and the music teacher that showed me around the whole school saw us and came right over immediately. He said "You must be Andrew." Andrew told him yes and then he asked the rest of the kids in the 2nd grade line who had the same teacher Andrew did, so Andrew could see who did. How awesome was that? Now I know that was all only becuase I am the PTO president, he would not have done that for anyone else. See Jennifer, you are doing a good thing (even though you are losing your mind about it).
I picked him up at 2:45, after looking at the clock all day, I was a mess, and he jumped in the car. I asked him how his first day was and he told me that he made some friends but he didnt remember their names. Typical. I asked if he liked his lunch, he said yes, and he saw the card I made him and he liked it. :) He then told me he liked the old cafeteria better because they had to sit boy girl and at the old school they had a boy table. And then he said it. "I miss my friends from my old school." Broke my heart. I knew that was coming, so I told him he would still see them at scouts. He said he knew that but he missed them at school. My friend Heidi told me her son did the same thing when she moved him in the 4th grade, but it will stop. He is looking forward to school tomorrow, so that is good.
So, we got through the first day. I now know how to drop the kids off and pick them up. That was stressful too, not knowing what I was doing. All in all, everything went great.
PTO news. I emailed I think, the longest letter I have ever written to the principal and the teacher in charge about my thoughts for this school year. I figure one of two things will happen. Either they will say "Jennifer you are insane and you are completely over stepping" OR "Jennifer you are insane but we are so glad that you are doing all this." Bottom line though, I am insane. :)
2 comments:
Yep- insane sums it up............ Just thought I'd be supportive! Love the Christmas card- adding to the insanity- I admire you- I cut out 1 Santa last year and then switched to ovals...of course this was like December 10th.......
You totally crack me up!!!
Your year is gonna be fabulous!
Post a Comment