Friday, January 25, 2013

Another snow day

Wow, 2 snow days in one week.  Today we got hit with a doozy of an ice storm.  I can take snow, but ice is awful.  It's pretty but man it causes some major issues.  We lost power today for about an hour, thankfully it wasn't that long.  Tonight it is supposed to get cold again and there is still a lot of ice out there so hopefully we don't lose power again.

I am still in my pj's and it is almost 6pm.  That's right, I took full advantage of my snow day off.  :)  Actually, I did get a lot done.  I am in the process of getting a security system put in at the Middle School.  Since the latest school shooting a lot of parents and our principal have been concerned with how open and accessible our school is, so hopefully with some fundraising that I am getting together and with a reasonable priced security company we can keep our children and staff safe at our school soon.  I am proud of this work I have done today.

I also got a little done in regards to girl scout cookie sales.  It is almost time to put in those initial orders, so if anyone out there wants some cookies, let me know soon.  ;)

No comments: