Monday, October 4, 2010

Hurt my back

So Saturday Ron took Evan to Home Depot for a fire safety program with the Scouts. They got to get into a fire truck and they made a fire rescue boat. When they got home Ron was showing me the pictures he took and while we were looking at them I realized there was a sister to one of the boys that must have been in Lea's class. I called her over to the computer to ask her about this girl, and as I bent over, while sitting, to lift her she twisted a little, as did I, and I proceeded to pull the muscles in my back BAD!

I burst into tears and couldn't sit up. Man, that hurt. I spent all of Saturday in bed. :( I took some medicine and by that night I was able to get into the shower and get the hot water to run on my back.

Sunday morning I was suppose to do week 3 day 3 of my run, well that wasn't going to happen. :( I was feeling ok, but it still hurt.

I am better today, it still hurts a little, but I am able to sit up, pretty much. I decided not to run again today. I am going to re-do week 3 starting Wednesday. I am afraid of hurting again.

I forgot to mention something Lea said the other day....

She wanted to go out in the backyard and, thankfully, it has gotten a lot cooler here. She brought out one of her summer outfits to change into, sleeveless shirt and all, so I told her to grab her purple t-shirt instead. (This is my favorite shirt. I bought it for her and it says "I'm cute. My Mom is cute. My Dad is lucky. LOL)

I got her dressed and she headed to the back door. As she ran through the door she stopped and said, "I look amazing!"

Hahahahahaha, yes Lea you do.

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh ouch, I have done that to my back several times... thankfully not since Lainie was a baby. I always seem to do it when lifting babies out of cribs. Rest up... running can wait!!

Oh and tell that little girl she is amazing :) Our little princesses!!