Sunday, August 22, 2010

I've talked about the kids

But, what have I been up to?

This summer flew by. We had a lot planned so I think that is why it went by so fast but it kind of sucked too. Now that the kids are a little older I wasn't looking forward to school starting as much as I used to. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad their back, but I miss them, and, I should probably tell you, I hate getting up at 6am again...yuck.

So, this past June Ron and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We haven't gone on a real vacation since I believe our honeymoon so I wanted to do something special this year. Last year my Mom requested that I leave the kids with them for a few days so I thought why dont we do that and go somewhere then. Charleston SC we decided would be our destination.

Wow did I love it there. I have never been anywhere where I thought, I want to live here someday, until now. I still miss it so much. I told Ron while we were on a ferry to Fort Sumter, I want to retire here. I loved it that much.

I should probably mention, I am a huge fan of American History, now. I hated it in school, and man do I regret not paying attention then. I did a ton of research on Charleston, since I have a "slight" fear of the unknown, so I was excited about learning all about the area and about the civil war, it started at Fort Sumter for those of you who also didnt pay attention in history class. We took a tour of the area and went to a beautiful plantation. Like I mentioned, we also got a tour of Fort Sumter. It was a very neat learning experience, from the south's point of view. ;) I left Charleston actually questioning, "the north really did win the war, right?" LOL The tour guides dont change history of course but they spin a lot of it. They speak a lot about how they won Fort Sumter in 36 hours....a lot. I had to say, I understand, but the north won the whole war. It was kind of funny.

Ron also bought me tickets to see Daughtry in concert, they were in N. Charleston while we were going to be there. I was a huge Daughtry fan, still am, but now I like Lifehouse, who was one of the opening acts, even more. Lifehouse is great.

We had a really nice vacation but I did start to miss my children. I really want to go back though too.

Next came July and that was my girls weekend. First was the Adam Lambert concert though, and it was AWESOME. The people at the kids old school got tickets for me and the PTO VP, 6th row!!!! It was the best concert I had ever been to. Then 2 friends of mine and I went to Holden Beach. It was a very nice relaxing time.

August is my birthday month and I really wanted a kindle, so Ron and the kids got me one for my birthday. Well, really, Ron said go to Target and buy one. YAY! I love this thing. Of course, I started reading the Stone Barrington series by Stuart Woods and my Dad owned most of them so I borrowed them from him, so I have been reading more books then books on the kindle, but man, this thing is really cool. I highly recomend it.

I am not going to post too much more about me. I will however be posting pictures of the kids soon, Lea looks adorable in her uniform. I have a lot on my plate this year, I am no longer the PTO President but I am doing a lot of other things. Right now I am a little tiny bit overwhelmed, but once I get back into the swing of things I should be fine. Fingers crossed.

No comments: