Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm back

It's been almost 4 months, I think that's the longest I have been away. It doesn't seem that long though.

The boys started school this morning at their new school. I love it there. I am verry happy with the decision we made and I think this school will be great for the boys. My first impression on their teachers was a good one but then when I got to meet some of the other parents, they confirmed it for me...YAY!

So, whats been happening? I turned 37 a few days ago. It was a nice birthday, even though I was reminded by my wonderful sisters that I am now 3 years from 40. Nice. I love them, I really do. Ron bought me a kindle, which I love, he on the other hand is not loving it when I keep buying books for it. LOL I did make the mistake of showing him this word game that is on it, and now he is obsessed with it. Oh well.

I have a couple Leaisms. Kind of sad that the Evanisms are coming to an end, but at least I have Lea now who has picked up where Evan left off.

last weekend I took Lea school shopping. She is going to a private school for Pre-K so she needs a uniform. She was not in a good mood that day, to say the least. We went to Payless as our last stop to get her all white sneakers. She hated them! She wanted the pretty princess ones. Lea has a shoe fetish, the girl has more shoes then I do, so trying to talk her down was not easy. She was screaming, "I hate these shoes, they are ugly" Whatever little girl. Why is it too that whenever your child is having a meltdown, and you just want to get the hell out of there, the cashier always wants to talk to your child? Please, shut up and cash me out so I can get the heck out of here. Thanks.

Well, when we finally left and walked outside it was raining. Here is what Lea yelled...

"Just great. First I had to have the ugly white sneakers and now it's raining. This is the worst day ever!"

Hahahahaha, I am such a sympathetic mother. It took all my might not to start laughing but I knew that would make things worse, so I just bit my lip.

#2. This morning after taking the boys to school Lea asked where Daddy was going, we passed him on the road. I told her he had to go to her school to see if he could get some kids signed up for cub scouts (he is the cub master this year). She says, "I can't wait till I can be a cookie" LOL, she meant brownies. So funny.

Tomorrow Lea starts Pre-K. Please pray for her teachers. Pray for me too actually, I fear I will be bawling tomorrow.

I am going to try and keep this up from now on. However, I have a lot on my plate this year, no PTO President, but I am on the PTA board at the new school and I am Andrew's room parent, I am also Lea's room parent, and since Ron is the cub master I will be helping him a lot too. I know, I am insane.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome back...missed seeing updates from you!!!!

LOL at Lea - I would have totally been cracking up at her comment on the shoes/rain!

XXXX said...

I love that kid! She's my kind of girl :)