Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Evan

Evan turned 7 Friday! I can't believe it. We moved here when he was 5 weeks old! I remember it so well.

When I woke up Friday morning I went into his room to make sure he was up for school, and he was leaning against his bed. I said "Happy Birthday Evan", and gave him a hug. He looked at me and with a big smile said, "Mom, I'm 7 today!" He was so happy. I gave him his 7 kisses, which unlike his brother, he lets me do, and then made him his cinnamon rolls. We got him a zune, he wanted one so bad, and when he opened it he gave me a big hug and thanked me for the best birthday gift ever. He LOVES his red zune. I think he had a great birthday this year.

I am getting too old for this running shit! ;)

I am hurting in places that I didn't know I could hurt from running. The top of my right foot. The pain is excruciating and as fast as the sharp shooting pain comes, it disappears.

On top of that, I hurt my knee playing softball years ago, well I reinjured it when I was helping Ron build our new garden boxes, so I had to stop running.

I am finally able to move my knee around again so I started running again. After taking a few weeks off though I am back to the beginning. I decided not to push myself too much so I ran for 3 minutes, walked 90 seconds, and I did that 4 times last night. I really hate working out in the evening but Evan is now 7 so he wanted to go to the Y and go to the kid gym.

So, the garden boxes. Andrew and I planted tons of seeds a couple weeks ago, and had a bunch of seedlings, we were both excited. We planted them into our new garden boxes that my awesome husband built for me, and Eddie, my wonderful, so obedient dog, insert sarcasm, dug them all up! Saying I was mad is putting it mildly. He is very lucky that I love him, I could have killed him. So, we replanted seeds into the boxes. They better take! If they do, we will have so many vegetables. I am very excited at the thought.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Lisa Mann said...

I have been a terrible friend at keeping up with the blogs, so sorry this is late!

How are your vegetables doing? I hope Eddie is living in fear of pissing you off again!!!