Sunday, July 5, 2009

Have not updated in awhile

Sorry about the lack of updates, but once again, I have been busy.

As you all know I was going on a girls weekend to the mountains of Gatlinburg. I can't even begin to tell what a great time I had. Just to remind you, 2 friends from High School came down, Heidi, who was here in February, and Mary who I haven't spoken to in I believe 8 years. My girlfriend Michelle from here also went up with us.

Heidi and Mary arrived late Thursday night and then we stayed up till 4 am talking. 4 hours later I was up, yea, that is great news for everyone, but I think I was on such a high that I was actually pleasant with only 4 hours of sleep, shocking. That morning I took the girls and drove around Knoxville, with our first stop being Sonic for route 44 drinks. Heidi, and I, love Sonic drinks, but Mary had never experienced one.....oh so good. I am telling you, no one can make a diet cherry coke like Sonic.

After driving around Knoxville we stopped at the grocery stores to pick up supplies and then came home. At around 4 we packed up Heidi's van and headed to the mountains.

Our cabin was in the mountains, I mean in. When we finally climbed up the very tall incline and got to our cabin poor Heidi, who was driving, had to sit in her car for a minute, just to breathe and thank God that we made it up. Haha.

We stayed in a 3700 sq ft cabin, which was beautiful, from the outside. The inside was desperate fpor an updating. But, for 221 a night, no one complained. That night we hung out and talked, laughed, and drank.

Saturday we went to Pigeon Forge and we did some shopping, ate at the Old Mill restaurant, which I highly recommend, and then went back to the cabin and hung out.

Sunday Michelle had to leave, and it was insanely hot, 90's, so we just hung out all day and did nothing. No kids whining, no errands to run, just sat and relaxed. We watched Dr. Horrible because Mary had not seen it and then we played pool for the rest of the night. I think I played like 7 games in a row. I finally lost because I dropped the 8 ball in the pocket. Heidi is an excellent pool player! (If the goal of pool is to get the white ball in the pockets.)

Momday we hung out some more, I don't think I got dressed until 4 pm, and then we headed to main street Gatlinburg and walked around town. I had such a great time with them that night. After walking around, we got dinner and went back to the cabin and played some more pool.

I woke up at 10:30-11 every morning we were there. That was sooooo sweet.

I had such a great time with Heidi and Mary, I so want to do this every year. All you Mom's out there...get your friends together and plan a girls only trip. You will not regret it for a second.

Tomorrow....blueberries and peaches.

No comments: