I don't know what's going on today but at this time I am missing home. I mean, really missing home.
Where am I? Where am I typing this blog post then?
No, I am at my house. When I say I miss home, I mean I miss MY home....Buffalo, NY.
Some of you will say, why? What's so great about Buffalo? I can't even begin to tell you.
None of my immediate family live there anymore, so in the past 10 years I have only been back 3 times. But, it will always be my home. I wasn't born there, but I grew up there. My family moved to Buffalo in '79 (I believe, I was still young then), so it is the only place I really remember.
I have lived in Knoxville for 6 years now, and even though I do like it here, it will never be home to me. I will never know where everything is like I did in Buffalo. (what is very sad now though is that when friends talk about places in Buffalo, streets or businesses etc, I have to really think hard about where they are talking about. Could make a person cry really.)
I don't know what my issue is, but as I sit here listening to Sinatra sing New York New York, I really miss home.
(Side bar. Yes, I know he was not singing about Buffalo, and yes, Buffalo is not EVER going to be NY NY, but it is still Buffalo, NEW YORK.)
2 comments:
Aww...sorry you're missing home :( I understand though...if we ever left Knoxville I'd feel the same way.
You can come visit Buffalo anytime!! You will ALWAYS have a place to stay...with me!! Bailey says "Lob ewe".
Post a Comment