Yep, I said it, Happy Holidays. Want to get under my skin so bad that I turn into a completely different person??? Tell me that you think everyone should say Merry Christmas. OMG, that drives me more insane than people not using their turn signals when driving, and let me tell you, that irritates me. How superior can people get? There are more holidays this time of year then just Christmas for crine out loud. I am Christian and yes, I say Merry Christmas, but I don't demand people say it. UGH, ok, I am off my soap box.
I actually said Happy Holidays because as you all know it is passed Christmas and now we are onto New Years. I also have 2 birthdays right around the corner too, Andrew's and Leanora's.
So, we just got back from NC yesterday, we left last Tuesday for Christmas with my whole family. Laura, Jim and Jack were already there when we got there, and let me tell you, Jack is awesome. He is 9 months old, which all of you with kids knows is a great age, he is so much fun. He is crawling and cruising around the tables, but not quite walking yet. The poor baby though. My Mom and I look a lot alike and I am pretty sure we were freaking him out. I would be holding him, then Mom would come around the corner and he would see her. He would look at her, then me, then back to Mom again. Poor Jack. I really enjoyed my time with him, and I miss him a lot already.
Corie, Mike and their kids came Christmas Eve, as did Lynn and Dustin. As soon as Corie and Mike showed up we all got changed into our jeans and white shirts and off to the beach we went for a family picture. It came out nice. Then I asked my Dad to take a picture of the 5 of us, and he took about 20, and we got one good one. I am going to have it blown up to an 8x10 size.
I got some great gifts this year. Laura brought me my signed Ina cookbook, and Mom bought me another one. I also got a panini maker, a new coach purse, and Corie brought me a pound of sponge candy...WOOHOO. I LOVE sponge candy. BUT, I only like it from the bulk sections of Tops or Wegmans, I don't like the good stuff.
So now I am home and I have things to make. I need to start my birthday cards and anniversary cards for 2009, make my planner I want, finish my calendar (BTW, I made calendars for my sisters and Mom and they all loved them.), and I have my first meeting of my new stamp club in a couple weeks so I need to make some projects for that. Which also means I need to order supplies, and new catalogs. Lots to do, and all of that on top of the laundry, cooking, cleaning, entertaining of the kids.....
I am hoping to start really working out starting next week, it will be easier when the boys go back to school. I have my new zune, so I should use it. I really want to get in shape before we got to the beach again this summer. I am not making this a new years resolution though, in fact I am not making any new years resolutions, I never keep them.
Oh, I read Twilight, and now I am completely hooked. If you haven't read that book, do it, it is sooooo good.
Hopefully I will be back more, but no promises. I am coming up on one year blogging, crazy, maybe I can keep up with it again like I did when I started this.
3 comments:
Jenn, welcome home!! The photos of you on the beach are simply gorgeous! I love them!!
I just finished the 4th book of Twilight and HATED that it had to end, so I completely get your addiction!
I have been working out with the Wii, or should I say the Wii has been working me out! Good Luck!
YAY!!! You are back!!! I've missed you!!!
So you have a stamp club up and running??? I need details!!! I am so happy for you!!
If you had asked about the Twilight series- I would of warned you that books about teenaged vampires are bad for you!!!!
I got the Wii Fit for Christmas- I'll see if I survive!!!
My baby is 3 now- yours is next!
Hey Jenn, email me please
Post a Comment