Seriously, the last time I wrote on my blog was January 17th. Wow.
Well, it's almost the new year which means I, among many other millions of people, am starting to think about new year resolutions.
I am going to be 40 in 8 months and after looking at pictures of me at my sisters wedding, which was beautiful as was my sister, I decided I can not go into my 40's looking like I do. I need to change. I know, I know, I say this every. single. year. What makes this year different? I don't know, but I sure hope it is.
I asked my husband to please, actually I begged him please, to make sure I work out every single day. I just got off the bike we bought last year and I could barely make it 14 minutes. In my hey day, which was only a few years ago BTW, I would ride the bike for an hour with very little issues. I used to love that my legs were like jello when I got off and I loved how I pushed myself to make it the hour, or to make it the 20 miles. Today I forced myself to do 30 minutes, and yes my legs were like jello when I got off, but I also felt like I was going to throw up. Not too good. But. I did the 30 minutes. I am determined to get to where I used to be. My legs need it. So does the rest of me.
I can't run. The bottom of my left foot hurts way to bad when I do it, and now that I have a job where I am on my feet for 6 hours, a hurting foot will not work well. Instead I have my bike and an elliptical that I plan on using. That's good right? Well, it's a start.
So yes, I have a job, and I need to be at this job at 7 am. I am better at working out in the morning so the plan is to get up at 5:30 and work out before work. That's the plan. I hope I can do it. If not, I will work out when I get home, but I will do it!
Goodbye 2012! You SUCKED! My middle child was very ill this summer and spent 3 days in a hospital. It was an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. My mother-in-law passed away this summer as well.
Here's to everyone being healthy and happy in 2013!
(If anyone is actually reading this, could you please, I'm begging you too, keep me on track. Don't do it in a mean way, that doesn't motivate me it just makes me hate you, but just figure out a way to ask me every day if I worked out. Thanks. I really appreciate your help.)
No comments:
Post a Comment