Wow, I made it back! Loud applause!
I just finished riding the bike again and I'm not going to lie, it was harder to do today then it was yesterday. But, I am so proud of myself for doing it. I already know that once work starts again this will be harder, but I need to do this for myself.
I admitted something for the first time to Ron when I finished the bike ride, and I admitted it to a woman who I consider a God send to me. (more about her later.) When I was in high school there was a boy who made it his mission to make fun of me whenever he could. All these years later, 20+, and it still holds such power over me. I have no self-confidence, I have always said that, but I also don't feel good about myself. I believe in karma, and it has held true for me in some instances, and I honestly don't know whatever happened to this "boy", but I hope karma has helped me again. Not that it matters, I am scarred. For life.
About my friend, the God-send. I say that about her because it seems like she and I were meant to be friends. Turns out I knew her years ago, when we moved to TN the first time back in '99, she worked for my husband. We only lived here 6 months because the client he worked for sucked, they hardly worked, they would play cards, or games while working and I actually remember meeting her one night when I came to visit. Crazy. Now years later we have met again, her daughter and my daughter are in girl scouts together, and my daughter would call her her best friend. I would do the same about her Mom.
She is awesome! In every way! She doesn't see that about herself and I am always yelling at her for that, but the ironic part is, she does the same for me. We are just about the same person.
When I only had 5 minutes left on the bike this morning, I texted her and she let me go insane, and didn't judge. And then said she was going to find that boy and beat his ass. She's a life-long friend!
Last day of 2012! 2013 will be my year!
No comments:
Post a Comment