I was reminded over Christmas that I have not updated my blog in awhile, and I know, I have just had a lot going on and then when I did have some time, frankly I just didn't feel like it.
So, let me fill in what's been going on.
December 19th Andrew and I went on a "date". Just the two of us. I let him pick out the restaurant and then we had tickets to see the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra do their annual Christmas show. See, Andrew may have had his artwork chosen to be shown while the kids choir sang Angels Among Us, one of my favorite songs by the way. So with that in mind I asked him if he wanted to go on a date with me and see it. He was excited, but I think it was mostly that he got to be away from his brother and sister.
We both got dressed up and he decided he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse, he loves steak. So off we went. Dinner was nice, then we still had time to kill so we went to Starbucks for dessert and hot chocolate for him, a gingerbread latte for me of course. We sat and talked for a little while then Andrew wanted to go. We got to the civic center and then we waited.
The show was really nice. I really enjoyed the KSO, I would love for Ron to take me one night. Unfortunately though, they did not choose Andrew's picture. He was heartbroken. I told him though that it was probably shown at the night before's show since it wasn't shown at ours. He bought that when I told him but he was pretty upset that night.
So except for that, we had a really nice night. Here is a picture of us.

Santa came December 20th to our house. Andrew and Evan came into my room and all excited said "Mommy Santa came!!!" I asked if Lea was awake and they said no. I told them not to wake her yet and I got up to see that yes indeed, Santa came. That Santa is so smart. He knew we wouldn't be home so he gave the kids DS games and movies for the our trip early. I tell ya, that guy is a genious. The kids all got things they really wanted but the best gift was a t-shirt that Ron bought me that said Brett Hull is a cheater. HAHAHAHA so true. 10 years later and yes I am still bitter! Anyway, I got up to make some coffee for myself when I realized it was still really dark. I looked at the clock and it said 4:07. Um, no. I told the boys it was 4am and their choices were to either sit quietly by the tree and not touch anything or go back to bed. They both went back to bed. I was awoken again at 7:30. MUCH BETTER.
December 20th I started with a sore throat. By the 22nd I couldnt take it anymore and I called the Dr. She did a strep test and it came back negative but she gave me an antibiotic anyway because she was fairly certain that strep was what I had. Well, it turns out I dont have strep, but now, 10 days later, I still have a sore throat and it still hurts really bad. I went to the Dr again this morning but I was told my Dr was off this week so I had to see the other one. I am being nice by calling him Dr. No Bedside Manner. He is really a jackass. He implied this was all in my head and if it still hurts in a few days to come back and they will do bloodwork. It better not still hurt in a few days but as of right now, since the drugs I took are wearing off, it is starting to really hurt again. I will not be going back to Monday though, no matter what.
On the 23rd we headed for Northern Virgina. Luckily the trip was uneventful and we made it to Laura's house in tact. This was the first trip that we constantly heard "how much longer" though. That gets annoying very fast.
Northern Virgina, among other areas, got hit with a blizzard a few days before, so even when we got there my sister had about 3 feet of snow. The kids were amazed! They are used to dusting, maybe a few inches, this was unbelievable to them. They wanted to play in it right away but it was dark so I told them in the morning. Yes, the next morning as soon as they got up they asked to go out. It was funny though, they are so used to any amount of snow we get melting in a few hours, so when Evan looked out the window he said "I can't believe the snow is still here." LOL
So, we got the kids all bundled up and out they went. Lea lasted about 5 minutes, Evan 10. Andrew and Ron were out in that snow for over an hour. Andrew had the greatest time but man was he cold when he came inside. Laura has a heater in her room so we had Andrew sit practically on top of it till he warmed up. Here are some pictures:




Onto Christmas. Here are pictures of the kids and all of us. Andrew decided to be a punk when we were taking the full family picture and our family picture so he isn't smiling but its the best I got.




This year since Christmas was at my sisters house we had to arrange Christmas eve a little different. Normally we put the kids to bed and then the adults exchange gifts. Well my other sister was going home to put her boys to bed so instead all the kids got to open 4 gifts on Christmas eve. Yea, the kids HATED that. LOL
Once we got the kids to bed we opened our gifts. Lynn and her boyfriend had Ron and I and they bought us, well me, the Keurig I wanted. Ron wanted it too, it makes teas and hot chocolates as well. The sampler box it came with was suppose to try and help me decide which kinds I liked, it's not. So far, I like them all. Mom and Dad got the last of our china we needed, the 6 soup bowls, and a new pasta bowl since I broke mine.
Christmas morning was like always and everywhere, chaotic. But, it was fun. There is nothing like Christmas morning with kids. Everyone was excited about their gifts.
On December 26th we decided to hit DC. Ever since the boys saw Night at the Museum 2 and I told them their Aunts all lived right near where it was filmed, they have wanted to go. Well, everyone in DC decided to hit the muesums that day. We really only made it to the air and space museum, but we parked right in the middle, and I mean middle, of the Capital and the Washington Monument, so they kind of got to see those too.




Evan LOVED the air and space museum, figures. Watch that kid want to be a pilot when he grows up...
After the air and space my sister got tickets for the Zoolights and the National Zoo. Most of the animals were asleep but we did get to see the Pandas. How very exciting. The kids liked all the lights, a lot.







So, have I been working out? NO. Between being sick and then being away I have not been to the gym. However, since I have been back I have gone everyday. The best part though is that my friend joined so we go together. I am very excited about that, it is so much easier when you have a friend to work out with.
I have thank you cards to make today so hopefully I will be able to get those done.
No comments:
Post a Comment