Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I was thinking about this last decade and everything that was invented this decade that makes my life easier, earlier today. Right off the bat I can say my zune and my new Keurig are my faves.

But then I started thinking about how much my life has changed this decade. A couple months before the Aughts, I left home. Ron and I moved to Knoxville in October of 99. I have only been back to Buffalo 3 times since then. Sad.

My life changed forever in January of 2001. I became a Mom. And what a change that was. We were blessed with the best baby that month. Andrew has brought so much joy to my life, and stress, but mostly joy. I can't put into words how I feel about him. He means the world to me.

So many moves...From Knoxville to Huntington West Virginia to Dover Delaware, where my wonderful and loving 2nd son was born. Evan. What can I say about Evan. I adore that boy. His temper gets him in to trouble a lot, but he is also the sweetest kid on the planet.

Then, the snowstorm of 2006. What stress that was. Not knowing for weeks if Ron was going to have a job still....and then I had to have my gallbladder removed. THEN, just a few weeks later, we moved back to Knoxville. I was still in pain from the surgery AND we had a 5 week old, along with 2 year old Andrew. Wow. How did we make it through that??? I still am reminded of the move to Knoxville everytime we are going south on I-81! I never thought we would make it.

January 2006, my beautiful daughter was born. A girl! She was the light of my life. She still is, but man, she keeps me on my toes.

We bought our first house this decade, and got our very first dog! The ball is about to drop....

Happy New Year! What will the next 10 years bring?

No comments: