Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snow Patrol is coming to the US!

And they are coming to Nashville. Oh man, this is killing me. June 6. I want to go!!!!!

OK, onto better things. In order to truly appreciate this story you need to understand the relationship I have with the boys school. In case you live under a rock, I am the PTO President. My kids go to a school that really never had a PTO before, from what I have been told. They were obviously desperate since they asked me, who was new to the school, to be the President.

Anywho, the teachers and staff there think I was a gift from God. I really have not done that much, but, let me put it this way, I can do no wrong.

So today being April Fools and the fact that I have lived with a crazy person for almost 14 years, who has apparently rubbed off on me, I have learned how to punk someone. Last year I got my friend Michelle, but that was a simple one. This year was my best ever.

I got the schools principal and secretary sooooo good.

They told me I should have gotten an oscar!

Now before I tell you what I did, please be reminded, they think that I have transformed the PTO, they think I am wonderful. (I know, all of you that really know me must be thinking, they don't know her very well.) So, here's the story...

I needed to go into the school this morning and volunteer in Evan's class at 9:30, so I got there a little early. On my way there I was thinking, what can I do to them, when it hit me.

So I walk into the school and the secretary sees me with this distraught look on my face and asks "Are you ok?" I tell her no and walk over to the filing cabinets behind her, which are located right next to the principals door and say to the principal I need to speak to the both of you. The secretary is sitting in her chair but turns and looks at me and asks me if I am going to cry. I nod yes and she laughs saying she didn't think yankees cried, but I cry a lot. LOL

I look at the principal, who has now gotten up and is standing in her doorway and say "We are moving."

Both womens faces fell. They looked at me, then at each other. The secretary jumps out of her chair and is now standing against her desk and says "you're kidding right?" They are both stunned.

"What do you mean?"
"Why?"
"Where?"
"Can I curse?
"Oh my goodness."
I explained that we knew this might happen, since Ron works from home, but we just found out.

I won't go into the whole conversation but just know that I had them going for at least 3 minutes. They were shocked. There was one point that I needed to walk away from them because I started to laugh, so I headed to the door. As I was walking towards the door the secretary asked who could they get to take over. I told them I didn't know because the VP didn't want to do it.

"Oh no, what are we going to do?"

I opened the office door, stepped out, turned to them and said "April Fools"

Apparently it took a few minutes of the two of them looking at each other and asking, what did she say, what did she mean, before they both cracked up laughing.

Tomorrow I will tell you all what Ron did to me April 1, 2001. We almost got divorced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius, my dear! Good job :)

Tasha said...

that was priceless :) I want to know what Ron did!