I have been very lax on the exercise front. It is very hard for me to exercise during the summer with the kids home. I have no need to get up early, so I don't. I know, it's an excuse, but it is truthful.
We had a big birthday party for my Dad this past weekend, which I will talk more about later, and since I knew this was happening I have been not looking forward to it for one reason only, I knew there would be lots of pictures taken of my sisters and I with my parents. I know I am overweight but it is very dramatic when I am standing next to my beautiful, thin, sisters and Mom.
One night I was talking to my brother in law, who is a personal trainer, and he was talking to me about workouts. He mentioned to me about the p90x workouts and I had heard of them but I didn't know anything about them. I started them yesterday. DAMN
I did half the chest and back workout and thought I was going to die. I wasn't able to do the pull ups so I just continued doing the push ups (girl style, please) when they did the pull ups. I did 30 minutes of that and I thought I was dying. Seriously. But then I was also suppose to do the ab ripper on day one as well. SHIT! 20 minutes of that and I was sweating buckets.
I texted my wonderful, awesome, swell, (yep, I love him) brother in law to tell him how much that sucked and he tells me I did it wrong. WHAT? Told me I couldn't read a calendar. WHAT? He really is lucky I love him. LOL I wasn't suppose to start with the ab ripper he says.
I did the classic like HE TOLD ME, but after reviewing it he told me to start with the leans. Great, now he tells me. :)
Well, anyway, I did a pretty good workout yesterday and I was feeling pretty good about myself. Till this morning.
I woke up and I couldn't move my arms. Not at all, I was in so much pain. I don't recall ever having muscle pain like this, ever. Don't get me wrong, it feels great, but OUCH. After a little while I also realized that my stomach muscles are in the same condition, I can't laugh. I was determined to do the day one of the lean program today though, I can't disappoint my OLDER brother in law. (LOL had to throw that in.)
A little while ago I did the core synergistics. Ok, I did 25 minutes of it. I couldn't do half the workouts. There is this one called the banana rolls. I couldn't lift my legs!!!! My stomach muscles hurt so bad, I couldn't lift my darn legs. My brother in law was right, I wasn't suppose to start with the ab ripper. Haha.
Anyway, my point of all this is that I am determined. I am tired of looking terrible in pictures. I want to feel good about myself. And most importantly, I can't let Jim (my brother in law) down. I don't know why (haha) but his opinion matters to me. I think that is the motivation I need.
(side bar. I have made so many spelling mistakes on this post because even 15 minutes later my arms and hands are still shaking. Good muscle working shaking, but not so good on the typing skills.)
No comments:
Post a Comment