I have started back at the Y again and this time my friend Sarah has been coming with me because she got a free week. I am trying very hard to convince her to join because I NEED her. She is so good for me. Yesterday was the first day and all we did was ride the bike for 30 minutes. That's not great except that when I went before she was with me I barely rode for 20 minutes. SHE makes me stay on it just by being there with me; you aren't going to stop when your friend is still going.
Today we got there and I was on the phone with my sister so we got on the treadmill, I just followed what she was doing, and then she looks over at me and says we need to walk/run for 10 minutes on here. Well, what was funny is that I was trying to keep up with her pace, and she was keeping up with mine so we kept increasing the speed on our machines, and we ended up running on it. I obviously had to hang up with my sister so I could keep up with her, plus, its so rude to be talking on your cell phone while working out.
Then we rode the bike for 30 minutes. I swear to you, I thought I was going to die about 10 minutes in. Then we started talking politics, and that got me to finish the 30 minutes....LOL
We then did a cool down walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes again. It was a great workout! I love having a workout buddy like Sarah. Now I need to convince her to join. I will have an ally though soon. We both really want her to join. Kristie and I together would not be good alone....LOL I can see it now, and Kristie you know it's true, "I am dying, I want to stop" "okay" And, it doesnt matter who says what, either way we are both bad for each other in this area. WE NEED SARAH!
1 comment:
LOL...I'll be the first to admit I'm a workout quitter!
Post a Comment