I never thought I would say that in my life. But, it gets better. At said gay bar my friends and I had a very intellectual conversation about religion, with one of the drag queens that was working that night.
HAHAHA Seriously.
The night started the day before when I was chatting with a friend of mine. I got her to watch NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles and then Glee, some of the greatest shows on TV. (Side bar, if you aren't watching Glee, please start, it is the funniest show on TV. It is on Fox Wednesdays at 9, but you can catch up on hulu.com and type in Glee.) While she was talking about how funny Glee was I asked her if she had seen The Hangover yet, and she said no. So I told her that another friend of ours and I were going to kidnap her Friday and we will go se it. (For those of you counting, this was my 4th time seeing it, but, I had a free movie pass, so I didn't pay for it.) After the movie we decided we should go to a bar.
Ok, I am 36 years old. The last I was in a bar was 10 years ago, before Andrew, and it was a sports bar to watch the Sabres games when we moved to Knoxville the first time. I know where sports bars are, I dont know where any other bars are. Well we went into the one sports bar and it was very clear my two friends were not comfortable there so we left and decided we should go to one of the gay bars here. :)
In we walk, and it was decided I would be the designated driver, which was probably not a great idea. I really should have been drinking. LOL
We went to the bar and talked K into getting a sea breeze, and S paid $5.00 to drink draft beer all night. Then we went in the other room to see the show. HAHA At this point I inform everyone that I am a tad bit over my comfort level. We watch Gabriel on stage. I don't remember what she sang, but she looked very nice. I was starting to feel pretty bad about myself. LOL S went up to tip her and then shortly after that the song was over. A woman then came over to talk to us, which was my cue to pretend I was doing serious work on my blackberry. S couldnt understand her so she went to get another beer so K was left to talk to her. I was not able to hear the conversation but all I heard was..
"Are you 2 gay?"
"No, we're straight."
"Then why the hell are you here?"
"There's no pressure"
Finally she left, and S came back, so we decide to head back to the bar area so we can talk. We are having a very nice conversation when Gabriel comes over to say hello. OMG. Then she asks if she could sit down. OMG Remember I am SOBER, my 2 friends not so much. It was "interesting" at first but then we got talking about religion. Now it got very interesting. Gabriel was very insightful and it was really cool talking to her. We talked for about an hour. Then the next show was starting.
The last show we caught we sat near the back, against the wall. This time, after S had been drinking now, we sat right up front next to the stage. I was a tad bit more comfortable this time because I had met 2 of the shows queens so I was ok. Demitrya came on first then Angel. Ok, she made me very uncomfortable. VERY. I don't know why really, I just was. Then Gabriel came on, then Demitrya again, and then Angel...so we left. LOL
We went back to the bar so the girls could finish their drinks, but then we met Dave. Haha, oh Dave. There isn't too much I can say about Dave that would not be appropriate but lets just say, he was very sweet and heartbroken and my 2 friends encouraged him to continue telling his very sad story WAY longer than it should have gone on. Finally we were able to leave but not before saying good-bye to Gabriel and getting a hug. :)
What cracked me up about this night is Gabriel asked if I was a badass, because I "looked like a badass" Haha, that is so funny.
I had so much funny friday night. Seriously. I didn't get home till almost 2, and Ron wasn't too thrilled with that, but he was fine. (he was worried about me). Thanks S and K!
No comments:
Post a Comment