This week is/was teacher appreciation week. For those of you that know me well, you already know how I feel about teachers. For those of you that don't...I think teachers have the most important job in the world. Without teachers, we wouldn't be able to do any other job!
As the PTO president I wanted to make sure the teachers and staff at our school knew how much we appreciated them, so I made this week a big deal at the school. Here was the schedule of events:
Monday: Massages for the teachers.
Tuesday: Every child brought in two flowers, one flower went into one vase for their teacher, the other went into a second vase for a staff member.
Wednesday: Catered lunch
Thursday: The students were asked to make a card, write a letter or poem telling their teacher how much they appreciated them.
Friday: We bought stationary kits for every staff member.
Also, every day the teachers got a little treat bag of candy in their mailboxes, and we had parents make breakfast for them everyday as well.
Generally, everything went over great. I have received so many compliments this week, thanking the PTO for all that we have done for them. It has been nice.
It has been a lot of work, but worth it, and I need to thank Kristie, Jana, and especially Tasha for all their help.
2 comments:
Yay! It has gone beautifully so far :) I am glad the teachers have liked everything.
:)
YOU ROCK!!!! As a former teacher and now a mom(and child of a past PTA president)- you are so right about teachers!!! I think you need a gold star!! I think you made a good decision about the boys going to that school- I think there was a higher being looking out for you and the school!!!
Post a Comment